Torby or a Caliby?

VividlyGrey137

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've had Little grey for about 5 years now and I'm curious as to what sort of either calico or tortoiseshell she is.
She's a love bug, loves to snuggle up and have belly rubs. Which I've never had a cat quite like her as she doesn't like to be separated from me

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Pretty kitty! I would personally consider her to be a torbie with white. From what I think I have learned on this site over time, the term "caliby" is an informal term meaning torbie and white but is usually used when cats have more white than yours, and when the colors are more distinctly separated (like with a calico).

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
A picture where her entire side is visible would be helpful. She looks like a blue tabby from these photos.

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The first pic. shows her pale brown and grey torbie pattern. So she is a dilute torbie. She also has a light marking along her nose that is extra to her grey stripes. That's my prediction.... ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

VividlyGrey137

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Attachments

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue tortie tabby, no white :) the white on her face is from her tabby pattern

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

VividlyGrey137

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Woops got a picture of my dog in there by accident

CuriousKittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep, blue tabby tortoiseshell, or dilute tabby tortoiseshell if you prefer. A.K.A. torbie. The small bit of white isn't white spotting, just part of the tabby pattern that may be more or less prominent in some individuals.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is kind of hard to say for me because the pics lighting color tones change alot. Maybe a dilute torbie or sorts or maybe a blue mackerel tabby. She is a cutie whatver it is 😻

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She would be a dilute torbie for sure as you can see a lot of orange in her fur and it's not just the orangish hue some greys can have.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cute dog too 😻 looking at her again, it does look like she has lots of def red/ orange patchy areas, too much for rust tones in a tabby so she looks like a dilute torbie to me prolly.