Topical solution to face wounds

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Many of you know about Captain Jack, my special needs kitty with permanent brain damage. Well, he (somehow) completely shut himself in the bathroom while I was at work, panicked, and tried to get free, causing wounds to his face. The wounds aren't open/bleeding, more like scratches and missing fur. What are some good options to put on his wounds, just for extra protection so they don't become infected?
IMG_20210217_174800.jpg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
You can use Colloidal Silver. I'm a fan of this product and I use this for any wounds on my boy.

It's something like this and quite a few brands out there.

IMG_9079.JPG

BTW, Captain Jack is a cutie :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
HI. Poor kitty! In addition to the above items, you could also try chamomile tea - standard grocery store variety, which is almost always German (you don't want English, or any additives/flavorings). Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid, and then dab it on the spot with a soft cloth or cotton balls. The tea has both anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, as well a being both a healing and soothing agent. You can do this multiple times a day, and if for any reason he would ingest any it is safe for him to do so.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mr. Meow

Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone! I should have expected at some point that my one-eyed, teeth missing, drunk walking kitten would end up with a wound.
On a side note, looking for kitten sized helmets and bubble wrap jumpsuits 😆

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone! I should have expected at some point that my one-eyed, teeth missing, drunk walking kitten would end up with a wound.
On a side note, looking for kitten sized helmets and bubble wrap jumpsuits 😆
My parents’ beloved cockapoo was practically blind in his final years. I told them he just needed a service dog. Maybe Captain Jack could use a service dog? 😹

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mr. Meow

Super Cat
Purraise
My parents’ beloved cockapoo was practically blind in his final years. I told them he just needed a service dog. Maybe Captain Jack could use a service dog? 😹
But I only take in special needs animals...would a special needs service dog be a good choice to lead a special needs cat? That sounds like way too much special in one place lol

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But I only take in special needs animals...would a special needs service dog be a good choice to lead a special needs cat? That sounds like way too much special in one place lol
Maybe a tripod service dog?

My friends have a tripod cat that got a prosthetic leg. They named her Peggy for her peg leg. Would go with the pirate theme. 😹