Took Misha to the vet this morning

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
I too am afraid he may be heading for an unrecoverable incident or injury.  I would take extra care and just not let him out.  They are, in quite many ways, like children...sometimes you have to say no whether they like it or not.  He will soon get over his wanting to be outdoors once he sees how cozy it is inside.  It may take a week or two, but I'd personally rather see them mad instead of dead.  That's how I had to look at it whenever I brought my old guy in and he would get to wanting outside.  Better in than dead.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,managed to get him in around 6pm ,after having something to eat he went and lay on my bed .

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise
Wonderful!  Maybe he will decide the comfy life inside is best!  My younger guy gets terrified even looking outside now, but my older guy still would love to be out there (but he's the one that is deaf, sadly).

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,i am afraid the problem   with Misha will have to wait ,i have got shingles on the left side of my face ,hurts like a bugger .Got to take 3 lots of tablets and go straight back to the doc if it spreads to my eye lid.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,managed to get a bit of sleep last night ,i have banned the cats from my bedroom ,one of the kittens tried using my head as a scratching post when i was lying in bed .

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise
Oh no!  I have had 3 episodes of shingles in different nerve paths...I know that pain!  And all those horse-sized pills, that acyclovir or whatever it's called.  Hope you get some improvement soon, and that it doesn't spread to your eyelid or eye!

I've had it twice on my head but luckily never had it near my eye, once from the corner of my eyebrow up through my hair, and the other time it was on the end of my nose.  The last time was down the backside of my left arm, and I think that was worse than when it was on my head :(

Healing vibes your way!! 

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,my eye lid is all swollen shut ,went to the out of hours doctor last time ,i have a fever so i got 2 more meds to take .I know it can be dangerous if it gets in to your eye ,i don't how to tell if it has got into my eye .

Most of the pain has gone and it does not seem as red as it was .

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ugh, that sounds awful. I hope you're better soon. I had shingles on my torso years ago, and never want to go through that again! I have little scars there, and the pain was so bad it hurt to breathe. If the pain is gone and swelling down it sounds like you're on the mend.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,thanks for the kind words,hope this is the one and only time i get it.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,most of the pain has gone and the swelling round my eye not as as it was,got some eye drops .Yoy might remember i had to give eye drops to Misha ,today i could have sworn he was staring at me and  thinking ,how do you like it

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise

Hi ,most of the pain has gone and the swelling round my eye not as as it was,got some eye drops .Yoy might remember i had to give eye drops to Misha ,today i could have sworn he was staring at me and  thinking ,how do you like it
I am quite positive my cat has done that to me!!  Not long ago I was having to use ear drops for an irritation in my ear, and he would sit on the bathroom counter just staring.  I swear he was laughing.

Glad you are getting better!  Shingles are horrible!

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[emoji]128514[/emoji] I'm glad you still have your sense of humor despite feeling so terrible! I've no doubt Misha was thinking that [emoji]128569[/emoji]

Hope you continue to feel better davidc59 davidc59

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,went to the eye clinic at the hospital ,there is no sign of infection in my eye

Such a weight off my mind .

loopycann

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Saw your thread and wanted to inquire about Misha. With the continuos injuries I'm surprised he wants togoback to whomever is causing his pain. Do you live in an area w/ neighbors around? Could a human be doing this? What enters my mind is there is a male cat that is defending territory that was once your poor Mishas. Maybe Misha keeps going back not avoiding this feral or neighbors cat.Enclosing your garden sounds fantastic! Just think ,kitty paradise minus the dangers! There is a company ( you may know it) that has a purrrfect product that can be mounted on exiting or new board fence and it keeps kitty from climbing over the top. Once he reaches it he has to turn around. Very effective barrier . There is also models that work with wire fence too. My sister purchased a large chicken coop with a fabulous run attached. Cat not only can sun bathe but can get out of inclement weather. Just some thoughts on your continuing delimma with Misha.I wish all of you continued health[emoji]128008[/emoji] [emoji]128008[/emoji] [emoji]128008[/emoji][emoji]128008[/emoji]

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,thanks for the message ,we live in a small village there do not seem to be a lot of other cats around ,the vet said all his wounds have been caused by other cats ,sometime he fights with Callie one of my other cats .

Don.t know if it would be faifr to confine him to a pen .

I have started a new thread ,there is a black cat hanging around and Misha is a bit upset ,a lot of the time he gets on ok with other cats ,maybe it;s because it is it is in the garden.