Took In A Feral Or Stray Kitten

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends where you are , I’m in uk and bought a kitten care package for £45 which includes health check, the 2 vaccinations, worming and chip which I thought was really reasonable

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ChrisValentine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Christ. I’m UK too. Cost me £67 for two jabs, health check and flea spot!

ChrisValentine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, that’s where I went too... hmm.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm.. if companion care I would ask them to put a chip in her for free next time you go then

ChrisValentine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
491DD6F3-7496-4CF8-9DCA-5881C1E48677.jpeg
Thanks, I’ll ask them :)
She’s gone into full “bit a little sh*t” mode today, lol.
Causing havoc and tried to jump through my TV because she pounced at the Rev gauge on my racing game! She’s found out that boxes are the enemy, so she’s on a one cat mission to destroy every box on sight :D

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put a blanket in a cardboard box when Farrell was a kitten. Every day I swept pieces of chewed cardboard, until she only had a blanket. The ancient Cat War Against Cardboard continues on every front. :)

ChrisValentine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
B94EAB31-3E76-4D42-84D1-FA7A6E5A766A.jpeg
We thought it was going well. She took a weird turn yesterday, wouldn’t let you go anywhere near her... hopefully an “off” day. Felt like we’d gone a week backwards.
Before that though, she’s been doing good. Cuddled up on the bed watching films.
She’s damn ballsy when it come to us trying to eat though! Swatting the fork as we’re trying to navigate it to our mouth, lol.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks so sweet and Innocent though . She will have off days; especially as she is growing . 4 months is stroppy age to be honest . We used to have to shut grace out when we were eating as she was a nightmare too . She soon realised no .

ChrisValentine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah... getting fed up with her crap at the moment.
Gave her a treat (cat biscuit thing) and you can always stroke her whilst doing it, she’ll gently take it from your fingers and lick them too... occasionally gently biting until she realises fingers aren’t food.
Went to do the same today and she full on hissed at me, first time she has. I hissed back... hindsight, probably not a smart idea, lol.

ChrisValentine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well she’s back to terrorising boxes and playing today. Back in full kitten mode :)
She’s decided that her tail is the enemy too, so has been running in circles. Has knows how to exhaust herself!

ChrisValentine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bit of an update.
Took her into the vets for her booster today. Everything's good with her. Clean ears, no lumps, bright eyes, decent gums etc.
But she's got a cold and her temperature was a bit too high, so they didn't want to give her her booster today incase it reacted with the flu virus.
We've been given oral drops for her, so getting her to swallow that should be fun!

Can't believe how much she's grown, she's going to be a big cat (length wise). She knows when feeding time is, so when we get out the bed, she'll be sat there eyeing up her empty bowl :p

She's a bit more relaxed, but darts to her hiding place at any unfamiliar noise. She's getting there :)

ChrisValentine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
0A5637AD-C302-405B-88F1-75330FB557FA.jpeg
Another update :)
She’s been for her second jab, hissed at the vets again. But now she’s back and safe.
We’re letting her wander out the room and she’s started following us up to the kitchen when we pick up her food bowl. She’ll just sit outside the kitchen peering in at us :p

She’s also playing with quite a few things now, laser pens etc... mainly a big chocolate wrapper than she rescued from the bin.

She’ll sit on us if we can actually pick her up. She’ll then relax and purr like mad.
She also found an extractor fan without a vent on under my bed... she found this out by putting her paw between the spinning blades; twice. So I’ve had to kitten proof that too.
:D

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless her ! She’ll soon jump on the bed and be waking you up when feeding time is (which can be frustrating at 7am on the weekends ). She looks like she has grown too. Thank you for the update

ChrisValentine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
3C7F4D55-5F11-463A-9159-4AC15E6C2C29.jpeg
453C4EED-ABD1-4685-B72E-89233C2D12BE.jpeg
We’ve had another proud moment!!
Laura and I were saying how great it’ll be when she actually comes to sit on us. The cat must’ve understood... 5 minutes later, she jumped up to the sofa arm and looking at me, slowly walked onto my lap and sat down purring.
I may have had manly tears of happiness in my eyes and I’m a 30year Old guy with stretched ears, tattoos, lip piercings and long hair and a kitten made me cry because I was so proud

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah... getting fed up with her crap at the moment.
Gave her a treat (cat biscuit thing) and you can always stroke her whilst doing it, she’ll gently take it from your fingers and lick them too... occasionally gently biting until she realises fingers aren’t food.
Went to do the same today and she full on hissed at me, first time she has. I hissed back... hindsight, probably not a smart idea, lol.
Actually it was probably a good thing to do, that's what another cat would do.