Too smart for her own good

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a bag of treats for my husband to bribe Gracie and Boone when they go downstairs to visit him. Day 1, Gracie had already grabbed the bag of treats and shredded the bottom to get into the bag. I put the treats in a ziploc bag and told my husband to put it up high on the bookcase. He did and she got to it again. So, he put it on top of the bookcase (I believe it is 6 shelves so it's pretty big/tall). Husband told me last night that when he went downstairs the night before, the treats were at the bottom of the staircase. He thinks that Gracie figured out how to jump on the thing that goes over the bed like a bridge. Jump onto the top of the bookcase and grabbed the bag. He finally got smart and put it in the TV stand that has a door on it.

I swear that girl is too smart for her own good. She can see something she wants and can figure out how to make it happen no matter what obstacles are put in front of her. Boone just watches what she is doing and hopes he'll reap the benefits in the end.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put my cat treats in a drawer and so far they haven't figured out how to open it! cats can get pretty determined, especially when there is a reward at the end.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yep. When she figures out how to open the door, you'll be in for it! And she may. Hek can open every door in my house. She even paws at the deadbolts, but they're too stiff for her, thank goodness!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put my cat treats in a drawer and so far they haven't figured out how to open it! cats can get pretty determined, especially when there is a reward at the end.
He put them in a cabinet. I wouldn't put it past Gracie to watch him open it a few times and figure out how to do it herself especially if it's not closed all the way.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cabinets are easier than drawers! I second the drawer suggestion.

Mine are in a drawer like thing in a closet. Kitties are not to be trusted unsupervised around treats. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cabinets are easier than drawers! I second the drawer suggestion.

Mine are in a drawer like thing in a closet. Kitties are not to be trusted unsupervised around treats. :lol:
Not so sure about that. Since we got Boone and Gracie, we have found them multiple times in various drawers. Boone still hides in an end table drawer when the vacuum comes out.