TONIGHT! My best friend's radio show premieres

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For years you've heard me talk about my friend Rush down in Austin, who was my significant other for several years long ago, and who remains my very best friend in the world. We met when we were both working in radio, and his career took him into television and freelance writing... but he's always missed being on the radio, playing music he loves for the audience.

Well, as of TONIGHT, Rush is back on the air with his own weekly radio show -- and you can listen online! He's so excited, and I'm just thrilled for him. I know the show will be a blast, because nobody knows and loves this music like Rush. Here's the radio station's description of the show:

Off the Beatle Path takes you onto the musical roads less-traveled by former Beatles and Beatle-inspired artists of every kind. Lifelong record collector and music journalist Rush Evans digs deep into the world of the Beatles (and his own massive collection of Beatle-related rarities), which reaches far beyond that group’s own output in the sixties.

Every week, listen to rare tracks from the solo work of each of the former Beatles, along with a diverse array of artists from every genre covering Beatles songs. Other Beatle-related rarities will surface, including records from the Apple label and music inspired directly by the Beatles. A splendid time. Guaranteed.
So if you're on your computer around 8:00 pm US Central time tonight, I hope you'll drop in on www.koop.org and click on "Listen Now" (small box in upper left corner) -- I'd be so proud to introduce you to my friend Rush!

Off The Beatle Path
with Rush Evans
www.koop.org
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Off-th...4462494?ref=ts

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Y'all're so nice to be interested!
I just talked to Rush -- he's stuck in traffic on the upper deck of I-35 and nothing's moving!
I hope he doesn't have to walk to the station!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AAAUUUUGGGHHH!!!
Rush went in there with a carefully planned list of songs he wanted to play and stories he wanted to tell... only to be thrown completely offtrack by a guy from the station who barged in with a bunch of records and essentially took over the show! He wasn't even supposed to be there, let alone run the board! He made it impossible for Rush to do the show he intended to do, and it's a miracle Rush was able to sound coherent at all. Sheeeesh.

In all our years in radio, neither of us ever saw anyone hijack another person's show like that. Next week, Rush is going to bolt the door and do the show HIS way!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

AAAUUUUGGGHHH!!!
Rush went in there with a carefully planned list of songs he wanted to play and stories he wanted to tell... only to be thrown completely offtrack by a guy from the station who barged in with a bunch of records and essentially took over the show! He wasn't even supposed to be there, let alone run the board! He made it impossible for Rush to do the show he intended to do, and it's a miracle Rush was able to sound coherent at all. Sheeeesh.

In all our years in radio, neither of us ever saw anyone hijack another person's show like that. Next week, Rush is going to bolt the door and do the show HIS way!
oh....how this can be....
...I hope he didn´t give up...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carol, that is awful for your friend Rush. I was out last evening so missed the show. Did Rush say anything to the station management? How incredibly rude of that other guy.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, sweetie -- unfortunately, it's not that simple -- this is "community" radio, all volunteer, so what management there is seems to be pretty weak. (I told Rush to explain to the guy that "community" radio does not mean "communal!"
)

But Rush intends to talk to the guy before next week and make it VERY clear he doesn't want a cohost. I also suggested that he make a sign to put on the studio door saying, "Show in progress -- please do not enter."

It's so frustrating -- because of this interference, Rush came off sounding far less professional than he is. And apparently, this guy did the same thing to the woman who had the show right before Rush's! So Rush may enlist her support.

Or I may just drive down to Austin and by golly guard the studio door next Friday!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Or I may just drive down to Austin and by golly guard the studio door next Friday!
calm down my friend!...

I will give you an Idea my friend...

Why Rush didn´t up to you tube some videos of his performance...
that would be great and we can listen WHATEVER he want to share with out interruptions...
just need a simple camera,....

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rigel, that's a great idea!

Carol - I'm so sorry! What a nightmare for those working with that - er - guy. I hope they're able to work it out.