Tomorrow the big fluffy will get a haircut.

snufkin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im not sure how I feel about this. I feel like its better for him as he doesnt allow us to brush him often at all. He is getting mats under his arms, and he gets a yuckbutt. Theres a groomer at the vet where we take our boys. They said they will sedate him but monitor his heart. But im still a little nervous. 

Here is him in all of his fluffy glory. Im sure hell be just as handsome defluffed. But im still a little sad that the fluffiness is going away.

helsic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
wow!!! such a fluffy boy!

My mother has a short haired cat that get's dirty so easily since he is white. The vet offers a service of washing his fur and cleaning his teeth also with sedation. It goes very well and the result it's great, they don't suffer.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, he's beautiful. Such a shame to lose all that fur. You know you can gets what's called a sanitary shave where they just trim the fur around his butt? They could probably do his armpits too.

One of my long haired cats gets the patch between her front legs shaved once a year. She lets me groom her, but she always gets loads of grass seeds matted into her fur there, so every autumn they have to be shaved off. She's about due for her trim now.

Hope it all goes well at the groomer's.

spiffykitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How does your cat act at the vet usually? Calm or scary/scared?

Some veterinary clinics automatically sedate all cats who come in for grooming. If your vet is going to sedate only because they always sedate, I'd look into other options.

You could try to find a local feline-only cat groomer, or a groomer who has cat-only days. Some cats do well in mobile grooming vans, since the atmosphere is calm and cozy. 

Hope all goes well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snufkin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! Weve only had Ableton since April, and he has really warmed up to us in that short amount of time. But is still a bit guarded at times. Weve had him at the vet before. He is very scared.. and its also very limited to what I can do for him here as far as groomers. We live in a pretty rural area. Luckily the vet office is amazing. Im going to pick him up in a few minutes.