Tommy Knuckles, A Neon White Puff.

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a gratuitous thread to show off Tommy Knuckles my, then, 7 year old niece's angora rabbit. She named him herself without any kind of prompting!

Dutson, Tommy Knuckles!.jpg

He GLOWED the most brilliant white imaginable. And, he was FOREVER burrowing out of his decidedly Heath Robinson enclosure to hop around the neighbouring fields. All the kids would be sent out with butterfly/seaside fishing nets to hunt for him and scoop him up on a twice/thrice weekly basis. He lived like this for over 2 years without being eaten by a fox, cat, dog, panther (they live in Cornwall where legend holds that large black beasts roam the wild and windswept moors), run over on the road, squished by a shortsighted cow, taken by a bird of prey, etc etc etc. He was a teenyweeny mini wee thing too. They put his death-defying longevity down to his 'ard as nails name!

NEON glowing Tommy Knuckles - puff!.jpg

And yes, he was as sumptuously soft as he looks. :catface:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 years isn't old for a rabbit. . .what finally got him? (I'm assuming he is no more as you used the past tense :(). It's amazing he avoided predators for so long! Rabbits are tougher and meaner than people think. Even the cute ones. Maybe especially the cute ones :D.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
He was killed by something in the neighbouring field. Not sure what got him in the end as it didn't eat him, my brother found him in mauled bit not nibbled condition. My niece was especially stoical about it, for a seven year old.

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds like it was a territorial dispute. Like maybe another rabbit got him.

He was a beauty. So white and fluffy!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He was killed by something in the neighbouring field. Not sure what got him in the end as it didn't eat him, my brother found him in mauled bit not nibbled condition. My niece was especially stoical about it, for a seven year old.
Raccoons will do that to rabbits. We had a few who got to our rabbits before we figured out how to make their areas escape proof.