Tom Cats Loitering Again..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LouH

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
FB0570C6-2940-4830-8167-2D51D56F624B.JPG
I work In a school so got back home by 3.20 so was only gone another couple of hours.
She had the 4th and cleaned them all up. All latched and she seems very happy.
When I got there she had a little nibble of food and guzzled a lot of KMR so that was good to see.

In order from left to right we have
Kitten #1 weighed in at 103g
Kitten #2 weighed in at 95g
Kitten #4 weighed in at 103g
Kitten #3 weighed in at 103g

I've since weighed again so they are approx 3.25 and 4hours old (kitten 4 being about 3.25 hours)

They now weigh (in same order as above) 107g, 101g, 105g and 106g

I don't think her milk is fully in yet as only a few of her nipples are easy to find but hopefully over the course of the rest of the day (currently 16.37) they'll dig deep :-)

Kitten 1 is tabby and white
2,3,4 are all great and white.
I think 2 is a grey tabby (mum has the tell tell rings around her tail I think that makes tabby?).
Kitten 3 currently looks Ike s/he has a grey eye patch and grey ears and kitten 4 has a great had and I 'think' a small pale ginger patch at the base of his/her forehead :-)

LouH

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hopefully they'll keep gaining them when the milk comes!
Bella is drinking plenty of KMR

LouH

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a quick one..
What's the ideal grams weight gain in 24 hours? Is it 10g?

Also I suspect this is all normal... she's with babies in my bedroom, locked away.. when I walk away from her she either follows me or growls when I first come in just she's cross because I left her..
Shes a first timer and she's very much MY cat so I suspect she is just telling me that a) I left her when the last kitten was being born and b) how Dare I walk away

LouH

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's come out of her box and started growling
Her kittens are clambering over each other but well fed so not crying

She's stared at her food and growled, her water and growledand her KMR.
Every so often she 'bottom burps'

I'm guessing she's got a feeling of trapped wind - anything I can do?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Unfortunately not. She'll feel better over the next 48 hours. She's probably uncomfortable and just needs to rest.

LouH

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_1619.JPG
Bless her heart.
We've barely heard the kittens little squeak - even when she leaves them to either sit on top the box (next to me as being on top makes her the same level as me) for a few minutes or to go to the toilet.
She's so good.
Even with her bad belly - lots of diarrhoea but it's brown so think it's caused but not emptying before labour and 4 placentas.

The kittens will pile on to sleep which is adorable (I have ordered a heat mat which is due to be delivered today but we live in a 3 storey house and my bedroom is the top floor and it's gets a tad warm as it is so I'm not worried for now.

She's just brilliant - I imagine all sorts of issues - i know it's early but I'm not concerned about going to work now.
I go at 8 but will pop back at 12.30 (my lunch) again to check on her.

I've just put fresh everything down and she's had a little food then started growling and I heard the belly churn so think that's the growling issue :-(

I'll weigh them shortly :-)

Weighed them :-) (they are around 18 hours old)
Kitten 1 - 115g (+12g from birth)
Kitten 2 - 113g (+17g from birth)
Kitten 3 - 115g (+12g from birth)
Kitten 4 - 118g (+15g from birth)
What a fab mummy!

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
That family is precious :loveeyes:

They are gaining great!!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
LouH LouH

Yes, terrific report! The tummy issues and diarrhea should resolve within 24 hours. If not, try mixing a spoonful of plain, canned pumpkin into her wet food. It acts as a binder.

Last edited:

LouH

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well they are 4 days old today and as expected everyone has a different favourite - except me who loves them all for different reasons :-)

However Bella is doing really well! She worried not me on day 2 as spent what seemed like a lot of time on the best next to me when I worked or when I slept or outside the box playing however she seems to have her work/life balance Sussed as they've grown so much already.

Day 4
Kitten 1 150g (+47g since birth +18g since yesterday)
Kitten 2 147g (+52g since birth +21g since yesterday)
Kitten 3 146g (+43g since birth +12g since yesterday)
Kitten 4 146g (+43g since birth +17g from yesterday)

Although super weights she is a very small cat so I make sure that the smallest that morning or the least gained (yesterday it was kitten 2) I latch them first for 'breakfast' as they struggle already to get 4 wedged in at the same time!

Bella isn't particularly keen on the KMR now but I'm still offering it and she has fresh water.

She is eating a little dry food and is generally eating the jelly off the meat pouches and not much meat..
I'd like to entice her with a bit of protein so will get her some chicken dinner today :-)