Toilet Break in Panleukopenia

Rani624

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, everyone. My name's Rani, and currently having a 4 months old kitten named Jumbo. Previously just last week I lost 3 cats due to panleukopenia/FPV and it seems Jumbo is also sick with it. Today's going to be her fourth day fighting with it.

In Jumbo's case, luckily she hasn't vomiting nor having diarrhea, but she also doesn't show much the need to go to her toilet. Is that normal? She has little to none appetite but we have been feeding her a little bit of WF and water throughout the days. Her stomach kinda feels full but not hard. Does anyone know why? Does her body doesn't feel the need to go to toilet because there's too little food to be processed?

Her fever is also getting better, if anything she feels the tiniest bit cold yesterday. But she keeps looking for cool corners. Is there a reason? Is this even panleukopenia?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As you know, this is a very deadly "disease", and she needs to be under a Vet's care. They would be the only ones who can determine whether of not it is actually panleukopenia, but I would guess it probably is, if she was around the other cats who had it :frown: That being said, it is unusual that she doesn't have vomiting or diarrhea, but I suppose it's possible.

I would definitely get her in to be seen by your Vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rani624

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As you know, this is a very deadly "disease", and she needs to be under a Vet's care. They would be the only ones who can determine whether of not it is actually panleukopenia, but I would guess it probably is, if she was around the other cats who had it :frown: That being said, it is unusual that she doesn't have vomiting or diarrhea, but I suppose it's possible.

I would definitely get her in to be seen by your Vet.
Thank you for your response.
Yeah, I know I should have get her checked, but at the same time I'm still a bit "traumatized" (no offense to the vet, she's very nice). I think maybe either she got secondary infection or she had another illness entirely (it's raining season here, any illness can appears so sudden).

But it's not important anymore. Jumbo already passed away today at 14.08 GMT+7, just one hour ago. She already fought hard, I'm relieved she's not in pain anymore. I don't have a photo of her being awake, but here's Jumbo taking a nap on my bed: View attachment 396009
It's taken on the same time with my profile picture. I hope looking at her can make you sleep well.

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for the loss of Jumbo, along with your other three. How devastated you must be :hugs: I can't even imagine the pain of losing so many in such a short time. My heart aches for you. As you say, she (and they) are no longer in pain, but that doesn't mean you aren't. Loving them doesn't come without our own pain.

Again, my sympathies. :rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss of this last little cat. You did all that you could and I hope that you can take some comfort in that.