tofu baby:(

caity_bean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my partner and i’s cat tofu has been acting strange since about a week ago. ever since my partner took this new job she is away for the whole day while i am at home w everyone. she use to hang out w all of us and now during the day she hides upstairs and sleeps all day only coming out when she hears me open cheese or when it’s dinner time. we’ve noticed recently she is more hungry than usual as well but isn’t as active as she use to be. so we’re not sure if she’s depressed and misses my partner when she’s gone or if there’s an underlying health concern?

We also got a kitten about a month ago and her isolating herself kinda began then but it got better and now it’s gotten worse again so it might have something to do w that as well?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It may well have something to do with the presence of the kitten, but...I'd have a vet check her just to be sure. If she is eating/drinking normally, and using her box reliably, then whatever is amiss is not TOO bad. Let's make sure this isn't a physical thing, then tackle the other.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It very well could be a combination of the new kitten and your partner not being around as much, especially if your partner gave tofu a lot of attention. A month isn't a long time for a resident cat to have in terms of fully adjusting to a new kitten, particularly if she wasn't all that crazy with the new addition to begin with.

Make sure you give tofu extra attention to replace the loss of what she might have been getting before your partner got the new job. If possible, some of that attention needs to be fully focused on tofu rather than always having the attention divided between her and the new kitten. She would probably enjoy some time with her humans where she is center of attention. Maybe your partner could give her some special time when she gets home - time without the kitten's presence.