Today we said goodbye to our old girl Checkers

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nineteen years is a testament to the love and care she received. You will miss her dearly from your physical life, but she is bonded to your soul for eternity. She shared your life's journey for a while and is a sweet and beloved part of your past now.
All life has a beginning and an end, that you were able to share hers to the end is wonderful, she will thank you forever for giving this to her. I pray you can use your wonderful memories, and draw strength from them, for comfort. She will be forever as close as your thoughts and prayers, send those of love and happiness for her sharing your life, not tears and neverending sadness. That is not what she would want for someone she loves so very much, just as you would not want for her if you were the first to go. Do not let her end become more important than her life by dwelling on it and letting the pain dominate your world. That can never be. Cherish your memories of happier times and know in time you will find peace in your heart, just as she is having now, because of your love. You earn a cat's love, and once you receive it you find it is one of life's treasures.
My heart goes out to you, it takes a long time to get through the grief of losing someone you love. Your pain is great now because that pain is equal to the love. You have us to lean on, and to draw strength from, a burden shared is easier on the heart. take care.......RIP dear Checkers. You will always be missed, you will have a secure place in loving hearts for eternity. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that you lost her, 19 years is wonderful but no amount of time with them is ever enough, but she lived a long happy life thanks to you.

Our cat Snickers looks just like her except he has a black half moustache by his lip, and he is so so soft and I can see that her fur looks the same way. She is a real cutie...

You did all that you could and did a great job that she lived so long, and you will see her again one day and it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
What a beautiful kitty. It's so hard to lose them, even when you know they've had a good long life and their time has come. My heart goes out to you.

Rest in peace, sweet Checkers. :rbheart:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for you loss.

Checkers lived that long because you fed her love, the best ingredient for a good and long life. And it seems that you never had a lack of love in your home.
She will now tell other kitties at the Bridge how wonderful living with you was. She will be shown the place around by many other kitties of ours, Vincie, Kirsten, Artie, Oliver, Simon, Krista, Jeff, Leo and MC, Lola and Pallina, Tom, and many others.
Checkers won't be alone.

RIP Checkers, you lived a wonderful life!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the one hand I'm so glad that she got to spend 19 years with you.. truthfully I envy you :) .. but on the other hand nineteen years makes it all the more painful because that's 19 years of memories with her so I know that has to be painful too :( ... my heart goes out to you.
That's so true!