Today, Rascal went where cats go

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Rascal, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

How kind, that he was able to start the journey from this Adventure to his Next Great Adventure in a place he loved, and with people he loved, and who loved him in return. Grant it that we all have such a passing. My heart with yours.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry about your darling Rascal. He is now at the Bridge like so many other of our babies.
I'm certain my Vincie girl was knocking girls down to be the first to greet him as she always loved men
and Rascal was lovely He is in good hands.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rascal's love has a secure place in loving hearts..... He is indeed a brave warrior that fought a valiant fight against an enemy that will claim us all in the end, one we pray will stay out of our lives for as long as possible. But love is spiritual, so it is one thing that death cannot claim, one thing that will be in your heart and soul for eternity. Rascal's love will surround your life's path and guide you in all things that are love. You had him in your life for a little while, and though he now follows a new path, it will always parallel your own.
It hurts, it hurts so bad when they leave you. The pain can bring you to your knees at times. But in time, that pain will soften and the good memories will take precedence over the bad. Your sweet boy is honored to have you give him this tribute, to be honored and loved after death is all we all can ask for. Remember always, " Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened"......RIP beautiful Rascal. You will be dearly missed. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
pix 08-12-10 021.JPG

He was my first cat. He was not an easy one - he liked to prove that he was the one with the teeth and claws. He didn't even spend much time with me in the past 5 years, since he preferred my sister's place across the street. There is a Rascal-shaped hole in my world... I know time will heal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And... we went to the emergency vet day before yesterday, where we got his diagnosis (could have dragged him through cancer treatments but his prognosis was poor, not much chance to make it through). When they put in the IV, he bit the nurse. Of course! I had an IV recently and it hurt like hell. Since his rabies vaccination was not up to date (deliberately - to reduce cancer risk :cringe:), animal control came to me today. Just my luck he went in peace yesterday - vet was asking the county for a rabies test, for which they have to cut off the head and sent it out fresh to test the brains. Too late to do it now of course, and he can keep his head (not that he still has a need, but comforting to know)

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry. Though I know words alone cannot really mend you grief, just be assured that we will be here for you anytime if you want somebody to talk you.