Today is National M&M Day

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:

DH did the Halloween candy shopping. There were 3 stages of candy purchasing.

Stage 1= candy that was definitely being given away (meaning he didn't like it or was allergic)
Stage 2= Candy that was given out ONLY if all the candy from stage 1 was gone (meaning he liked it but was OK with giving it out)
Stage 3= Candy that was not to be given out under any circumstances (meaning if all candy from stages 1 and 2 were gone, the porch light was turned off and the NO ONE was to go anywhere near the front door for any reason until all trick or treating ceased). Stage 3 candy was never given out because it was ALL of his favorites.

One year, I dressed the dog in her chicken costume and took her for a walk around the neighborhood because she liked seeing all of the kids. I knocked on our door as a joke and to see what he would do. I got stage 1 candy which I put right back in the bowl. :flail:
We haven't gotten any kids coming to our door at all for the last few years; the local mall offers "safe" trick-or-treating and they all go there now.

However, when we did get trick-or-treaters our house was the most popular in the neighborhood because we handed out quarters instead of candy. The parents loved it because it's hard to poison quarters {Note: Poisoned Halloween candy is an urban myth}, and the kids liked it because they could buy whatever they wanted with our treat. And we liked it because there was no temptation involved, and we paid only for the treats we actually handed out.

Margret

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We haven't gotten any kids coming to our door at all for the last few years; the local mall offers "safe" trick-or-treating and they all go there now.

However, when we did get trick-or-treaters our house was the most popular in the neighborhood because we handed out quarters instead of candy. The parents loved it because it's hard to poison quarters {Note: Poisoned Halloween candy is an urban myth}, and the kids liked it because they could buy whatever they wanted with our treat. And we liked it because there was no temptation involved, and we paid only for the treats we actually handed out.

Margret
Boy, I miss having kids trick or treating at our door. The downfall to living in the middle of nowhere is trick or treat night is boring :(

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Boy, I miss having kids trick or treating at our door. The downfall to living in the middle of nowhere is trick or treat night is boring :(
The whole "poisoned" candy thing was an elaborate ruse concocted by crafty parents as an excuse to raid their kids' candy. I'm convinced of this. :lol:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The whole "poisoned" candy thing was an elaborate ruse concocted by crafty parents as an excuse to raid their kids' candy. I'm convinced of this. :lol:
I'd like to volunteer to be this years official candy checker. Better do a taste test though, just to make sure ;)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw those and was :barfgreen: Candy corn anything is gross :barf:
I love candy corn, and I love white chocolate, so these were tailor made for someone like me.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Chocolate plain or peanuts. Those should be the only flavors M&M’s should come in. No coconut, no caramel, and absolutely no birthday cake flavors please.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Every now and then I get a craving for the Peanut M&Ms. It usually comes with my cycle. ;)

I'm not too big of a fan of them really. I don't seek them out. But then again when we were potty training our kids I buy them to reward them for "going" and then I'd have a hard time staying out of them too.

The mint ones are good. I really dislike the pretzel ones though. Yuck.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw those and was :barfgreen: Candy corn anything is gross :barf:
DD loves candy corn. DH loved it too. I'm with you. It's gross. DH used to buy this stuff too. It's just awful. Those pumpkins are just giant candy corn. :fear:

Every year, he'd buy a whole bunch of bags, "in case they ran out." I always wondered who (besides him) was going on a mad autumn mix buying spree?

1571069843065.png

It's fascinating how different people's taste are. Both DH and DD loved Cadbury creme eggs and I loathe them. That filling is vile. I love these raspberry jelly rings and they both hate them. Is this off topic since it's still about candy? :paperbag:

1571071113145.png

If you do like those, I found these at Ross. They are SO good. Just enough heat to give them a little warmth at the back of the mouth but not hot at all.

Dark Chocolate Mango Chili Sticks, Pack of 12

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I just gobbled up the peanut ones. Can’t help it!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When I used to travel a lot for work, Peanut M&M’s were always in my carry on bag. Being diabetic I had to be able to treat a low if need be and the combo of peanuts and candy worked great.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Both DH and DD loved Cadbury creme eggs and I loathe them. That filling is vile.

Cadbury eggs are :barf: The caramel filled ones aren't any better :barfgreen:

M&M should stick with the basic chocolate and maybe the peanut ones. I don't see why they need to make all the different varieties and special holiday flavors :dunno:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had not eaten M&M's for a long time until one day at work a teacher told me about these:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DD loves candy corn. DH loved it too. I'm with you. It's gross. DH used to buy this stuff too. It's just awful. Those pumpkins are just giant candy corn. :fear:

Every year, he'd buy a whole bunch of bags, "in case they ran out." I always wondered who (besides him) was going on a mad autumn mix buying spree?
The best way to eat candy corn is to mix it in with popcorn.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like Smarties but apparently it's on some list of most disgusting Halloween candy ever :dunno: I didn't have a favorite color of Smarties. They pretty much tasted all the same to me.

I need to get those Fun Sized packets of M&Ms. They're a nice little treat to pack with lunches. I can only seem to find them around Halloween and Easter. I don't get trick-or-treaters so it's candy for me :biggrin: The selection of discounted Halloween candy after the holiday tends to not be great so I need to buy the good stuff now.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You all can send me your Cadbury eggs.

I would like you all to know that it was very tempting to get a bag of M&Ms this afternoon. I resisted. I'll get to go through my kids candy in a few weeks anyway. Candy Tax Season is almost here! :anticipation:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You all can send me your Cadbury eggs.

I would like you all to know that it was very tempting to get a bag of M&Ms this afternoon. I resisted. I'll get to go through my kids candy in a few weeks anyway. Candy Tax Season is almost here! :anticipation:
It's for their own good. Quality control. :lol: