Toaster Oven Recommendations Please

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our toaster oven died today. Quite elderly, owes us nothing. But now it needs to be replaced and I don't know what to choose. All I want is something basic to bake and broil.

I don't like appliances that clutter up the counters. The one that no longer heats is - more or less - 16 inches long by 10 inches wide by 9 inches high. It is Black & Decker.

Walmart has options with French doors, that are also air fryers etc and are also larger. Not what I want. Prefer basic controls on something that bakes and broils.

Any suggestions? TIA

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
When my Black & Decker toaster oven died, I splurged and bought the “low” end Breville currently about $280. But I haven’t regretted it and am able to use it more than I thought. So much better than heating up my regular oven for certain things. Breville and Cuisinart both get very good reviews. Both pricey.

Consumer Reports gave a Black & Decker model and a Hamilton Beach model positive reviews. Basic but effective.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Himself found a toaster oven by a manufacturer we'd never heard of before. It is a Mueller. Austrian company. Looks good, price was right. Bought on Amazon. Will arrive early July. Let you know how it does after I try it out.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my Breville toaster oven from Hammacher Schlemmer, the mail order company. Their products have a lifetime warranty. The cost is higher but it's worth it knowing that if anything goes wrong they will replace it. I've had it for over 10 years and it's still working great.

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
Got my black and decker at wal mart ..with the basic functions and air fryer . Not the most expensive, but I love it ! I dont think I have used my regular oven since I got it . Its great ! easy to use . Lotsa features. Just me and hubby since kids are grown and gone, and I love just cooking smaller for 2 of us. why use the big oven ? only for holidays now !

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Himself found a toaster oven by a manufacturer we'd never heard of before. It is a Mueller. Austrian company. Looks good, price was right. Bought on Amazon. Will arrive early July. Let you know how it does after I try it out.
We actually recently bought a Mueller. And it really does the job quite well I’ve been very happy with it. It is a convection oven anyway, the one that we bought, so I don’t know about the one that you bought. if I had it to do over I would not have chosen a convection as I prefer more of a browning/burning of some of my food. (I know it’s weird). But I want something browned on top I can just broil it or toast it for a couple of minutes and that works out just fine. My one issue with it is that the rack is seemingly just not quite big enough. If you pull it out, it can actually come out if you pull it too far. I’m going to contact the company about that but honestly we’ve had many toaster ovens over the years and I am satisfied with this one.