I’ve posted on the Cat Healt forums several times over the past few years about my Megacolon cat, Ally. Well, she had done okay since her Cerenia shot, but about a week ago, she took another drastic decline, went right back to not eating or pooing and we decided that enough was enough. We will be having her put to sleep later this morning, just past what we declared to be her 12-13th birthday. It was honestly an easy call to make, as I have always said that I wouldn’t let her health decline to the point that my first furbaby had (he struggled for a long time with issues we chalked up to old age as he was in his 20’s, but looking back, it was probably cancer). Ally has already surpassed the vets expectations in terms of survival with Megacolon, so it’s not as though it snuck up on us Obviously, I will miss her terribly - but if it means that she will no longer be suffering with constant nausea, constipation, pain, regular enemas, etc., then this is the best option for her.