To get a new pet bed, or not to get a new pet bed????

cbruewer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently got one of those little cat beds for my kitten. I have 2 cats (Gracie, 3 and Cassie, 8 months). Grace sleeps on the bed with me, and Cassie had been sleeping on the floor beside the bed. I felt so sorry for her. Anyway, I decided to go out and get one of those cat beds for Cassie to sleep in. Both cats ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!! It is used 24 hours per day. Cassie will put it in her mouth and cart it off to wherever the sun is.

Anyway, I don't know whether or not to get two beds. I think that having one bed is teaching them to share, but Cassie glares at Grace when Grace is in the bed, and vice versa. I wish they would just curl up and sleep together, but they have not gotten that far in their relationship yet. They love to play together, but they do not sleep together under any circumstances!!

What would you do?

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I actually have at least one bed in a room. Even if they don't use it at all, they have the option to lay in it if they like. I even keep one on top of the fridge. They do sleep on the furniture and beds at times, but it makes it easy when I can just plop the beds into the washer.

liman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would just break down and buy another bed. Equal Kitty Rights!

krissie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Depending on how expensive it is, and how short their attention spans, I might be inclined to wait a few days. I've bought my kitty two beds. Each time she was utterly fascinated with the bed for a few days, and has since completely ignored it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cbruewer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, my electricity went off last night about 2am. It woke me up, and then I realized that Grace was not in bed with me as usual. She has stolen the cat bed from Cassie!!!!! The little heathen! Cassie was sleeping right beside the cat bed waiting for Grace to get out. It was so sad! I guess it's off the Wal-Mart to buy another cat bed!

Thanks everyone.