TNR Technique & Story

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the best articles I have read, thank you! It shows that with perseverance and tact, also a lot of stubborness and a great love for cats that had no choice in the situation they were in, a soloution can be found. One that is humane and really works. I,too, knew that just feeding was not the solution. And the only other thing that I could possible add to this article is the fact that when the numbers get too high, nature steps in to correct the problem with disease and starvation because the number of cats is simply too high to properly take care of. It happens routinely on isolated ranches/farms. Diseases, most commonly distemper can wipe out whole clowders, and the lucky few who survive just go on to start the process all over. I lived through the tragedy of kitten after kitten dying in my arms, even with the best of vet help. It will haunt me forever. That is why I took it upon myself to sterilize my whole neighborhood. I haven't seen a feral kitten litter in years. It really works! More people need to read this article, I wish every newspaper in thecountry would publish it to help people understand.....