Tiny Tiger Wet Food

spac

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know who makes Tiny Tiger wet cat food? I thought it was Chewy's brand, but I came across some reviews where people said they purchased it at a store.

Any opinions on the food? Some of the reviews on Chewy's website make it sound like this food has quality control issues. I was going to try some but I can't decide between the pate or chunked. My cat typically prefers the chunked variety, but sometimes she only licks the gravy.

Does anyone know anything about the phosphorus and carb levels in this food?

cuppa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Looked at Tiny Tiger Pate Chicken recipe, and there's a question asking who the manufacturer is.
Answer: "Tiny Tiger is exclusively made for and distributed by Chewy! We work closely with production partners to create and develop our own recipes and oversee production to ensure it adheres to our quality standards. Tiny Tiger's pate canned cat food is produced in our partner facilities, located in Kansas"

Not sure who the partner facilities are though

Ingredient sourcing according to another question: "The chicken, beef, and turkey are all sourced from USA and Canada. The salmon is sourced from the USA, Canada, Germany, France, or Denmark dependent on availability. Vitamins and minerals come from US, Great Britain, Japan, Switzerland, and France. Select vitamins and minerals may be sourced from China."

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
PetSmart owns a portion of Chewy so many of the foods available on Chewy.com are available in Petsmart. Perhaps that's where they got it? I've never seen it in stores myself.

My cat won't eat chunks so I got the Pate. She's really picky but eats the turkey flavor

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In their questions they say for Pate

The Beef Recipe contains approximately 2% Carbohydrates, the Turkey and Giblets Recipe has approximately 1.5% Carbohydrates and the Chicken Recipe has approximately 2.3% Carbohydrates, all given on an as fed basis.

The Turkey and Giblets has 2% Phosphorus, the Chicken Recipe has 0.5% Phosphorus, and the Beef Recipe has 2% Phosphorus on a dry matter basi s.

For chunks

On an as fed basis, the Tiny Tiger formulas have an average phosphorus minimum value of 0.40% and 2% on a Dry Matter Basis.

The beef recipe contains approximately 4.5% carbohydrates. The chicken and turkey contains approximately 4.3% carbohydrates.

cuppa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Both of my cats prefer fish over poultry. They also both love gravy. I ordered a box of the Tiny Tiger Chunks in EXTRA Gravy Seafood Recipes Variety Pack. They kinda ate it, but were not as enthused about it as their other wet foods.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's different. Chewy sent us the variety pack chunks in EXTRA gravy, and my girls love it. Amalie eats all the gravy and Yue has to finish it *snicker*

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spac

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the replies everyone.

My browser wasn't loading the "Questions" part of the web page for the products I mentioned, so I didn't even know it was supposed to be there, which is why I didn't see it. I just kept reloading the page and eventually the Questions part loaded with the info I was looking for.

I'll probably go with the seafood chunk variety. It's more likely to get eaten than the pate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spac

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to update this.

I bought the chunky poultry variety and my cats HATE it. They lick the gravy but leave the little square chunks. The feral cat ate the chunks, so at least it didn't go to waste. I wish I had tried the pate. At least I got the food for 50% off. If I had paid full price I'd be pretty upset right now. I get tired of paying for expensive food only to have some of these cats stick their nose up at it. It's particularly frustrating when it's a sick cat that needs to eat a particular food. Cats! Grr!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you don't return it for a refund, you could try blending it up and turning it into pate.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear your cats didn't like it! Tiny Tiger has been a huge hit for my three, and I'm so glad because I found it just before Purina gouged all their prices up. So a can of TT is now about 15-20 cents cheaper than a can of Fancy Feast. I'm glad to have it in our rotation.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've read that the nutrients are in the gravy, although I don't know if that's true.