Tiny Tiger: Is this normal?

chelsmarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m trying out Tiny Tiger pate for the first time for my kitty. Opened up the turkey and giblets flavor and it looks very dark and almost greasy. There are also a few black specks throughout…are those giblets? Or mold? For those who feed their cats Tiny Tiger, is this normal for this product? I’ve attached a picture.

Thanks,
Chelsea

Attachments

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm out of that flavor right now but here's my Chicken. Looks pretty normal to me and I do have a couple of dark flecks too :)

PXL_20210817_002720524.jpg

arr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feed Tiny Tiger too. Your picture isn’t showing up for me, but I do feel that Tiny Tiger isn’t the most appetizing looking cat food for some reason. Fancy Feast and Friskies look and smell better to me, but I’m happy with Tiny Tigers price, ingredients, and the fact that my cats love it.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m trying out Tiny Tiger pate for the first time for my kitty. Opened up the turkey and giblets flavor and it looks very dark and almost greasy. There are also a few black specks throughout…are those giblets? Or mold? For those who feed their cats Tiny Tiger, is this normal for this product? I’ve attached a picture.

Thanks,
Chelsea
Chelsea, did you buy this recently? The food in your picture doesn't look odd to me, though it does look different from the Tiny Tiger turkey and giblets food that we've fed. I ask if it's new because it's been out of stock, which sometimes happens when things (like recipes!) change. I last bought Tiny Tiger some months ago so it's possible something changed. (And I agree with arr arr about "isn't the most appetizing," at least for the turkey/giblets food!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chelsmarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the replies, all. :) Yeah, maybe it’s just gross looking in its normal state (but still safe). I was just surprised when I opened the fan, it looked strange compared to other pates. Chewy was kind and sent me a free box so we’re still gonna try the brand. Kitty seems to like it so far.

Chelsea, did you buy this recently? The food in your picture doesn't look odd to me, though it does look different from the Tiny Tiger turkey and giblets food that we've fed. I ask if it's new because it's been out of stock, which sometimes happens when things (like recipes!) change. I last bought Tiny Tiger some months ago so it's possible something changed. (And I agree with arr arr about "isn't the most appetizing," at least for the turkey/giblets food!)
Yep, I bought it last week. Both boxes have a February 2024 date stamp.