Tiny Stray Kitten

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh he is adorable. I want an orange male sooooo bad. I've never had one and they are so cute. We're doing well with 2 cats and a dog right now BUT if a little guy like this crosses my path, I'd keep him for sure.

I understand about the "litterbox hitchhikers".  Lilith gets those from time to time. The best thing for that is to keep the hair by their tush short. A sanitary shave. He might be too small for that and not ready for that kind of invasion of his personal space but once he is, it's a good idea. I have had to give Lilith tushie baths and it's no fun. In the meantime, they make wet wipes for cats that you can buy at Target. I bought their Boots & Barkley brand. They are nice and soft, not too wet and have a nice scent.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
What a lovely picture!

@Anne  I'm not sure how to nominate pictures for Picture of The Week, but this one gets my vote.

garrettmarvelwi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

He's so lucky to have you!

And really beautiful kitten, you said in your first pots that he likes to hide, is he still hiding or grow out of it? 

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

What a lovely picture!

@Anne  I'm not sure how to nominate pictures for Picture of The Week, but this one gets my vote.
The way to do that is click through to the image display mod and then give the thumbs-up to the picture. Thumbed-up pictures show up in the Gallery page so I know that people liked them and definitely take that into consideration. Give it a try!

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful " Palace" for a kitten! He looks bigger than I was expecting to see. Having gone through the bottle feeding every two to three hours thing, I was wondering how you were going to manage. I made a backpack sort of carrier for mine, nice and cozy warm, and she settled right in. Imagine sitting in front of the cougar pen at the zoo, and trying to bottle feed one that small? But all we got from the keepers were smiles and waves. I guess they get their time at that too.
There are kitten wipes for cleaning up his rear. If you scruff him as his mother would, it shouldn't be a problem. It sounds like he may have lost his mom way too early! They like to be clean for sure. Oh, I didn't notice but do you have his eating and bathroom areas well separated? If too close together they will go elsewhere to go.
He really is adorable and such a lovely color too. I'm not an expert, but have done this few times, so if I can help at all feel free to pm me anytime ( I'm kind of a night owl anyway.).
Good luck, and bless you for taking him in.....[emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128536[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rogerscountry

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

He's so lucky to have you!
And really beautiful kitten, you said in your first pots that he likes to hide, is he still hiding or grow out of it? 
He still hides under the bed or chair to sleep during the day, but when we come home, he likes to spend time with us now, and he sleeps (or chases our feet) all night in the bed. He seems easily responsive to correction most of the time when we want him to settle down. I'm really liking his personality. :) He has also become very playful and tons of fun to watch. He's even becoming more curious about outside. When he gets bigger, the woods where i live will be a better place for him to expend all that playful energy.