Tiny kitten at part of bottle nipple

KateyKitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cousin found a tiny kitten a couple weeks ago. She’s about 5 weeks old now & has been bottle fed & is growing well according to the vet. Today while eating from the kitten bottle she must have eaten a part of the rubber nipple. The missing part was from the cylindrical part of the nipple and was about the size of a pencil eraser.
The kitten currently weighs 1.2 lbs and is very tiny.
The vet says she’s too tiny to induce vomiting or anything & to keep & eye out for any issues or discomfort.
Normally she only poops about 1x per day and she won’t eat soft food yet.
I’m told they searched & searched for the missing rubber piece and they think she must have eaten it.
She has been acting fine (it’s only been 5 hours though) she’s eating still (kitten formula).
My question is has this ever happened to one of you and should we be scared? The vet said there’s not much we can do & to just wait & see.
She’s just so tiny but she’s a little firecracker. My cousin won’t stop crying & I want to do everything I can to help her & this sweet baby. Any advise appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
How are things now? It happens, just follow the vet's advice and let them know if anything about her behavior changes.

Be as calm as you can be, everyone's emotions are too strong for this baby.

By the way do you have a heartbeat "toy" or a purr snuggle toy for this little sweetie?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KateyKitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
How are things now? It happens, just follow the vet's advice and let them know if anything about her behavior changes.

Be as calm as you can be, everyone's emotions are too strong for this baby.

By the way do you have a heartbeat "toy" or a purr snuggle toy for this little sweetie?
She is still acting fine, and happy. She hasn’t poo’d yet but my cousin says she only goes like once a day so it’s still early.
I don’t think they have a heartbeat/purr toy, but I can try to get her one!
The sitting & waiting is just so hard. I will be kitty sitting tomorrow because my cousin has to work & I work from home and can keep eyes on her all day. Just praying everything turns out ok. Thank you!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You're doing all you can, and that's all you can do. Wait for poop. Then have fun looking through it for the rubber scrap. It will probably be there. So long as she's acting normally, nothing has gone terribly awry. Now, SHOULD she quit eating, playing, etc., don't wait. Take her in.