Timed feeder and pet camera recommendations

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm planning my first vacation since I adopted Delilah. It will only be 4 days 3 nights. I'm hoping to get someone to look in on her, but I'm a nervous nelly and want to make sure there is always food (she has a fountain for water and I can set her old one up as a second).

I currently have a 5 section timed feeder and it works great, but it has to be filled daily. I set it up at night with her 3am and lunch kibbles, and put a small bedtime wet snack in the open section. But to be honest, I could just as easily put her wet in her dish and have a timed feeder drop the scheduled kibble (it would save on my poor back too). I looked on amazon and the selection is a bit overwhelming, so what would be a good timed kibble feeder?

I'm also looking at pet cams so I can check in on Delilah. But again, the selection is overwhelming. Recommendations please?

Thanks.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A basic Wyze cam with an SD card is under $40, easy to hook up and would allow you to watch her any time on the web. You can buy them on Amazon or directly from Wyze

suzeanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also have 2 wyze cameras, 1 in bedroom and 1 in living room, so I can keep an eye on her unless she's in the hallway (rare). I do not leave the bathroom door open for her!

I think I probably have the same feeder as you (CatMate?). Lately I have been pondering a lot about what to do when I go out of town. I am planning on having someone feed her big wet meals in the morning and evening, and supplement that with 3 kibble snacks throughout the day (2 p.m., 10 p.m., 4 a.m.?) which the person can refill the feeder with when they come to feed her evening wet meal. :dunno:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I also have 2 wyze cameras, 1 in bedroom and 1 in living room, so I can keep an eye on her unless she's in the hallway (rare). I do not leave the bathroom door open for her!

I think I probably have the same feeder as you (CatMate?). Lately I have been pondering a lot about what to do when I go out of town. I am planning on having someone feed her big wet meals in the morning and evening, and supplement that with 3 kibble snacks throughout the day (2 p.m., 10 p.m., 4 a.m.?) which the person can refill the feeder with when they come to feed her evening wet meal. :dunno:
Well, the litterbox is in the bathroom, so that has to stay open. I'll look at those cameras after payday so I can get set up.

Delilah has usually 3 wet meals and 2 kibble snacks, but when I go on vacay it'll be easier for 3 kibble snacks and 2 wet meals.

My bigger concern is Delilah being scared of the feeder. When I got her one of the Catit fountains she was terrified and hid from it. Even after I took it away she was scared to go where it was for a week.