Time To Say Goodbye To Our 20 Year Old Cat.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't think any vet would let someone sit with the other clients when they have come to end their pet's life. Especially to sit and wait for that long. It is a walk-in clinic and I'm sure they have to see everyrone in order, but he did call. At least put him in another room!
I TOTALLY AGREE...ITS LIKE THEY NEED TO HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR THE PET N ITS OWNER:(:yeah:

sheridragonfly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any vet office worker or employee ought to have feelings for someone that is grieving and they ought to be compassionate.
I know some are not even at my vet office..
Unless you mention to the vet in a letter he will never know
that your husband and cat were put in the waiting room
they should have been in a room where it was quiet
just the two of them..

I am so sorry My nerves would be shot
in a waiting room with dogs and cats and people..

Cats like quiet so I do not sit in the waiting room with my cat

we wait outside in the shade or go early morning due to the heat
outside...and wait with the cat until we are next on the list to
be seen..

I would write the vet and see what your reply is and then maybe go somewhere else...Is your husband on the way home or still there at 2:30 central time or 3:30 pm eastern Tuesday aft?
Sheri and Lily

sheridragonfly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
correction...that they were not put in a room alone until
the vet comes in to talk to your husband and euthanize
your precious cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mapper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any vet office worker or employee ought to have feelings for someone that is grieving and they ought to be compassionate.
I know some are not even at my vet office..
Unless you mention to the vet in a letter he will never know
that your husband and cat were put in the waiting room
they should have been in a room where it was quiet
just the two of them..

I am so sorry My nerves would be shot
in a waiting room with dogs and cats and people..

Cats like quiet so I do not sit in the waiting room with my cat

we wait outside in the shade or go early morning due to the heat
outside...and wait with the cat until we are next on the list to
be seen..

I would write the vet and see what your reply is and then maybe go somewhere else...Is your husband on the way home or still there at 2:30 central time or 3:30 pm eastern Tuesday aft?
Sheri and Lily
I last heard from him right before noon (PST) and he was still waiting, so about 30 minutes ago. I'm sure he will call me when he leaves.

mapper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just heard from him and he's STILL waiting in the lobby 2 hours after he arrived!! We have got to change vets!

mapper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
After 2 1/2 hours they finally put him in a room but now has to wait on vet!

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry you've had to make this difficult and heartbreaking decision it's never a easy one to make my heart goes out to you :alright:

mapper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has now gone over the Rainbow Bridge :( My husband was there almost 3 hours for a procedure that takes 5 minutes. They apologized, but him having to wait that long never should have happened.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im sorry mapper that you and your husband were treated this way :( And i am extremly sorry for your loss on your girl :( She is in peace now, resting in the angels arms and looking over you until you meet with her again. Poor thing what was her name? When your ready do you have photos of her.

Poor kity god bless your soul little one.

mapper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her name was BuBu (a take off on Boo Boo). Here are pictures of her doing her 2 favorite things--sitting at her bowl and napping on her heating pad :)

Attachments

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Her name was BuBu (a take off on Boo Boo). Here are pictures of her doing her 2 favorite things--sitting at her bowl and napping on her heating pad :)
Oh man, another Tuxedo gone :(

I also call Sylvester "Boo Boo"....

When I see him I think of the cats that we are reading about on here and get sad, I can't imagine how I will deal with it when he goes, not good I know....but I go pick him up and squeeze him and kiss his head and tell him I love him, I hope we have many years together yet but my heart goes out to those we are reading about on here. :alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BuBu was quite the spoiled *cough* I mean well-loved little one. ;) She looks so at ease on her heat pad - lounging around. Great picture. Beautiful girl.

I'm sorry some people were not being considerate to you all. XO

She is looking down now, smiling and watching you all and not in pain. You'll see her again one day. XOXOXOX:grouphug:

sheridragonfly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thinking of you today and again I prayed for you both to Jesus Christ today...With love from Sheri/sheridragonfly and Lily...

mapper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's been 2 days and I really didn't think I'd miss her as much as I do. She was such a low-key cat compared to our other 3. She'd spend her days sitting in her box, or by her bowl, or on the window seat. She had no desire to go outside like our others do. She was just one of those cats that you knew would be in her spot and you'd see her and say hello and go about your day, whereas the others are always interacting and following us around. But I miss her a lot :( I look in those spots she'd always sit and don't see her and I know she'll never be there again. She was always sitting on the mat in the kitchen when I'd get up, waiting to get fed and now she's not there.

Now all I can think is she's sitting in the freezer at the vet's office (that horrible place where they made them wait 2 1/2 hours to do the procedure!) waiting to be cremated. I am so mad at them and can only think with how they didn't seem to have any compassion and how will we know for sure that we are getting HER ashes back? For as much as they seem to not care, it wouldn't surprise me if they just put a bunch of sand in the urn and said it was her!

One thing that did give me some comfort, and it was probably just a fluke but I took it as a sign, is that that evening a few hours after we had put her down, there was a very vivid double rainbow. I told my husband that it was Bubu letting us know she was okay and sent a rainbow for both of us :)

Last edited:

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry you had to go through that experience. How dare they not have more compassion for such a time. I wish you lived near me in Ohio. We have a comfort room with couches and soft music and you can spend all the time needed alone with your baby. Then when ready you ring a doorbell and it alerts us in the back to come into the room and begin.

RIP little one!

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been 2 days and I really didn't think I'd miss her as much as I do. She was such a low-key cat compared to our other 3. She'd spend her days sitting in her box, or by her bowl, or on the window seat. She had no desire to go outside like our others do. She was just one of those cats that you knew would be in her spot and you'd see her and say hello and go about your day, whereas the others are always interacting and following us around. But I miss her a lot :( I look in those spots she'd always sit and don't see her and I know she'll never be there again. She was always sitting on the mat in the kitchen when I'd get up, waiting to get fed and now she's not there.

Now all I can think is she's sitting in the freezer at the vet's office (that horrible place where they made them wait 2 1/2 hours to do the procedure!) waiting to be cremated. I am so mad at them and can only think with how they didn't seem to have any compassion and how will we know for sure that we are getting HER ashes back? For as much as they seem to not care, it wouldn't surprise me if they just put a bunch of sand in the urn and said it was her!

One thing that did give me some comfort, and it was probably just a fluke but I took it as a sign, is that that evening a few hours after we had put her down, there was a very vivid double rainbow. I told my husband that it was Bubu letting us know she was okay and sent a rainbow for both of us :)
Im so very sorry about ure precious kitty....my heart goes out to u n ure husband...RIP PRECIOUS KITTY...:alright::catlove::redheartpump::grouphug2::catrub::angelcat: