Time to meet Freya

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everybody,
I think it's time for you to meet Freya, my new beautiful kitten.

On past November 14, I was driving past a roadside restaurant not far from home. It's one of those restaurants where truck drivers stop to eat and rest overnight. Due to the lockdown and restrictions, the restaurant isn't fully working, but someone is still around.
While I was driving past, my eyes spotted some kittens moving in the parking lot, so I pulled in and walked to where I saw them. They were three very small kittens and a mama cat. I slowly got closer to them, but the mama saw me approaching and moved fast to a hiding spot. Two of the three kittens quickly followed her, but one was moving slower and I was able to grab her by her scruff. Her eyes were sore and filled with pus, this slowed her down. I held her tight in my hands and against my chest while she was crying her head out, biting my hands and chest through the sweater, and I ran back to my car, which always has a cat carrier in the boot. I pushed the kitten in the carrier and promptly drove to the local vet.
The kitten was thin, dirty, flea-ridden and with sore eyes. They treated her for everything they could and held her for further checks. We all agreed that she was not older than 6 weeks, dating her to October 1st. Her weight was just 500 grams.
Needless to say that I fell in love with her immediately, and kept checking on her everyday while she was still hospitalized at the practice, until came the day when I decided to bring her home. I still had to treat her for a mycosis on her ears, but now she's fine, and yesterday she received her first vaccine. Now she weighs 1.2 kg.
Likewise, needless to say that, on the following days, I did my very best to rescue the other two kittens, boy (ginger) and girl (tabby grey with two orange spots), along with their mother (recently spayed and now permanent guest of the local shelter). The two siblings, after all the treatments for minor ailments, have been adopted out to two families and are fine.
I also noticed 10 more cats (aged 5 months to 2 years) at that parking lot, and I've been able to rescue 8 of them so far. They are all at the local shelter now, safe from the dangers of the road and the freezing cold.

Well, enough of this long story, meet Freya! She's lovely, playful, fun and smart, and loves me to bits, always stuck to me, forgetful of the day when I kidnapped her from her family.
I dreamed of having a cat with this name for years, now I have her ;)

Freya_20201225.jpg

Freya in a photo on Christmas Day

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh My... another baby to love... You are indeed a cat rescuers/angel.

So Happy you found Freya!! and all the others... Congratulations... You need Freya.. you had a huge hole in your heart.. about the size of a kitty, and she is now helping to close up this hole...

love to you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need Freya.. you had a huge hole in your heart.. about the size of a kitty, and she is now helping to close up this hole...
I had already brought home another kitten a year ago, Giada. I rescued her and her three siblings, and their mother too. Mama cat was spayed and, like al the others, is now guest at the shelter. Two of the siblings were adopted out soon, the other one is still at the shelter because she isn't friendly at all.
I had filled part of the hole in my heart with Giada, but the fate had different plans for me ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my! You are a kitty hero! Thank you for helping all those cats and kitties. What a wonderful person you are!

Congratulations on Freya! She is BEAUTIFUL! Look at that adorable face!! :redheartpump::redheartpump:
Yes, she has a very adorable face, even the vets fell in love with her :redheartpump:
Thanks for your words, I try to do my best for these little creatures.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww Freya baby. You are a cuteness overload:hearthrob: and you've certainly landed on your feet baby girl. Thank you for taking care of all those cat's and kittens and giving Freya her forever home. :rock:

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Freya's picture is excellent! Good composition and nice complementary colors between her and the background. And her face looks just radiant with that coloring of hers. Can't get no better than that.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just reading this thread now. So happy you have kitties back in your home, Antonio65 Antonio65 . Freya is pawsitively precious. As is her sister, Giada, whose picture I saw in one of your other threads. Thanks so much for rescuing them, and giving them homes. And also for going back and rescuing all the other cats. :redheartpump:

SiameseKitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everybody,
I think it's time for you to meet Freya, my new beautiful kitten.

On past November 14, I was driving past a roadside restaurant not far from home. It's one of those restaurants where truck drivers stop to eat and rest overnight. Due to the lockdown and restrictions, the restaurant isn't fully working, but someone is still around.
While I was driving past, my eyes spotted some kittens moving in the parking lot, so I pulled in and walked to where I saw them. They were three very small kittens and a mama cat. I slowly got closer to them, but the mama saw me approaching and moved fast to a hiding spot. Two of the three kittens quickly followed her, but one was moving slower and I was able to grab her by her scruff. Her eyes were sore and filled with pus, this slowed her down. I held her tight in my hands and against my chest while she was crying her head out, biting my hands and chest through the sweater, and I ran back to my car, which always has a cat carrier in the boot. I pushed the kitten in the carrier and promptly drove to the local vet.
The kitten was thin, dirty, flea-ridden and with sore eyes. They treated her for everything they could and held her for further checks. We all agreed that she was not older than 6 weeks, dating her to October 1st. Her weight was just 500 grams.
Needless to say that I fell in love with her immediately, and kept checking on her everyday while she was still hospitalized at the practice, until came the day when I decided to bring her home. I still had to treat her for a mycosis on her ears, but now she's fine, and yesterday she received her first vaccine. Now she weighs 1.2 kg.
Likewise, needless to say that, on the following days, I did my very best to rescue the other two kittens, boy (ginger) and girl (tabby grey with two orange spots), along with their mother (recently spayed and now permanent guest of the local shelter). The two siblings, after all the treatments for minor ailments, have been adopted out to two families and are fine.
I also noticed 10 more cats (aged 5 months to 2 years) at that parking lot, and I've been able to rescue 8 of them so far. They are all at the local shelter now, safe from the dangers of the road and the freezing cold.

Well, enough of this long story, meet Freya! She's lovely, playful, fun and smart, and loves me to bits, always stuck to me, forgetful of the day when I kidnapped her from her family.
I dreamed of having a cat with this name for years, now I have her ;)

View attachment 366319
Freya in a photo on Christmas Day
You have a good heart. Freya is beautiful.