Time for another klutz thread..

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to start off with a Public Service Announcement:

Bath Towel Rails are NOT the same as bathroom support/grab bars. If you lean on towel rails, they can fall down, and you will too.

So, I colored my hair this morning, and when it was time to rinse it out, I just got in the shower. After my shower, i dried my hair with my hair towel, and wrapped it around my head. I then leaned on the towel rail and leaned over to get my regular towel on the sink counter thingy. And the towel rail collapsed and it all fell down, including me. My legs banged against the side of the tub on the way down. Ouch!! Luckily I didn't hit my head on the counter thing (what do you call that?? A vanity?), because I am on my own this weekend cos BF had to travel for work last minute. My ankles and legs and bones and whatnot hurt more than usual though, but I don't seem to have any black & blue marks.. yet. Oh and the towel rail (it's a double rail) went back together easily, nothing was broken there. Whew!

Anyway, DUH. I felt dumb, even though no one saw me. I haven't fallen in a long time and forgot how you feel when you get to that point when you know you are going down and you can't do anything about it.
I can laugh because I'm ok.

Anyone else a klutz lately?

trimph1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do not try to grab a dropped soldering iron when it is falling--I done that once--it is HOT!!!

Another thing--make sure that you get out from underneath workbench and back away from it BEFORE you stand up---the head can get concussed very easily otherwise---

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's our instincts that make us klutzy. Reaching for burning hot things as they fall..etc..we can't help it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

When helping a friend move, don't try to catch a falling potted cactus with your bare hands.
Owwwww!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry but.......
. I am glad you're ok though. Hmm, I do do alot of klutzy things but I don't really have one that sticks in my mind.x

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Lately?
(At least I'm consistent!)

We, until yesterday, had a pile of 16ft-long crown moulding across the living room since Labor Day, when we bought it. Even though I knew it was there, how many times did I stumble over it?!?!? I finally asked DH to move it to the garage (plus, I couldn't clean under it--you should've seen the cat fur under it). We're having our family Xmas this week, so I wanted the place to look nice, and we'll have 2 toddlers visiting, and I don't want them to trip over it.

I call myself The Human Banana, as I always seem to have bruises from bumping into things!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Owww guys, I'm aching here just reading these!

I am very, very clumsy. I always have bruises, but half the time I can't remember how I got them.
The WORST is my desk at work. I usually wear heels to work, and have a foot stool. Well I am always crossing my legs and banging my knees off the bottom of my desk! You would think I would learn, but nope, this is a constant occurance.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well earlier this week (at work) I was replenishing some jam and mustards and left the cupboard door open. I moved away and didn't look when I moved back and my thigh and contact with door edge. Yes a bruise came.

Friday night I was returning to sofa before we watched a movie and walked into the brick that surrounds our wood stove. I'm not sure if I actually broke my little toe or not.
Its not as painfull today.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad that you are OK. Don't worry, in my experience the bruises do come.

Does tripping over your stiletto heels count? I looked real sexy in those heels. Vanity, thy name is woman.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's mine I woke up one night and was walking through the house with the lights off and of course was barefooted was going to turn the light on in the kitchen to get a drink and my dad's boots were in the floor and I stubbed my toe on his boots and those things hurt. Every so often my toes find his boots and I get mad usually and throw them in his room but that time he was in bed so I couldn't

trimph1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This was before the wireless systems came into play for guitars et cetera--

I was into a 'hot' guitar solo when I spun around and around---only to end up wrapping my legs up in cord and falling on to my back---I finished my solo---on my back

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by trimph1

I was into a 'hot' guitar solo when I spun around and around---only to end up wrapping my legs up in cord and falling on to my back---I finished my solo---on my back
Oh lord, I'm sorry, but I can't help myself. I'm glad you weren't hurt, but the sight of that is hilarious!

Erica, I hope you're doing OK from that fall. I slid in the shower one time and grabbed the shower curtain railing for support. It came down on top of me.

A couple weeks ago, I was getting a casserole out of the oven. My mom had called and I was talking to her. I grabbed the casserole......with my bare hands. I don't know where my head was. I dropped the dish onto the oven rack and started yelling. DH came running out to the kitchen and we stuck my hands under cold water. And the whole time, my mom is yelling, "What happened? What happened? Pamela Sue, what the h*** is going on!" DH picked the phone off the floor and told her what I had done. She was going to come down to make sure I was OK. But my mom can't drive. Honestly, now it's funny. But then? I was close to tears.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad everyone has survived but I almost wet my pants reading this stuff!! I walk into walls at work when I'm running around--how long has that wall been there? Last week, and this is to remain between you and me, I moved the furniture around for the first in eight years. Got up the next morning, still half asleep, and plopped down in my favorite chair THAT WASN'T THERE ANYMORE because I had moved it!! My skinny butt hit the floor and I was so embarrassed when I saw that Emmy had seen the whole thing!!!

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have balance issues from lymes. So when I first wake up I usually am wobbly. I can drive just fine but looks hilarious at the store/walking the dog I am sure.

My most memorable moment is few years ago at apartment I was cleaing floor and started to slip-hands in air typical 3 stooges scene. A car was waiting for someone in my building and probably saw the entire thing. I fell with such a loud thump.

Floor never got cleaned that night as I had ice in a few spots.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trimph1

This was before the wireless systems came into play for guitars et cetera--

Well, it could be worse. At least you were able to finish the solo (what solo was it by the way?). My former guitar teacher was playing a show once, and his amp needed a new input jack. It was really loose and the cable would usually fall out with the slightest touch. So he decided to tape the cable in. But he ended up walking a bit too far during the show and he pulled the amp onto its side breaking a tube in it and unplugging it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

Erica, I hope you're doing OK from that fall. I slid in the shower one time and grabbed the shower curtain railing for support. It came down on top of me.
Thanks, yes I'm ok. I never did get any black & blue marks.. which is odd cos often have them in random spots for unknown reasons!

I hope your hands and everything are ok from your 'incident' too!

Originally Posted by Bellaandme

I'm glad everyone has survived but I almost wet my pants reading this stuff!! I walk into walls at work when I'm running around--how long has that wall been there? Last week, and this is to remain between you and me, I moved the furniture around for the first in eight years. Got up the next morning, still half asleep, and plopped down in my favorite chair THAT WASN'T THERE ANYMORE because I had moved it!! My skinny butt hit the floor and I was so embarrassed when I saw that Emmy had seen the whole thing!!!
Well, since you're laughing, I'm going to laugh right back!
That's pretty funny to sit in a chair that isn't there. I've almost done things like that before, it usually happens with the computer chair which is on wheels, I don't realise it's slid over a bit. And.. I run into walls too. More often thatn I'd like to admit.

Yes, it's funny stuff, IF you don't actually get hurt.

trimph1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

Well, it could be worse. At least you were able to finish the solo (what solo was it by the way?). My former guitar teacher was playing a show once, and his amp needed a new input jack. It was really loose and the cable would usually fall out with the slightest touch. So he decided to tape the cable in. But he ended up walking a bit too far during the show and he pulled the amp onto its side breaking a tube in it and unplugging it.
The band I am in right now does a lot of our own pieces with a few exceptions--the piece I was on was one of ours---

I had the primary on a power transformer in my amp head blow up on me when I was playing--I had a bit of fun putting that out I'll tell you