Time Change - Cat Reactions

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a few minutes 'til 5pm here and I have 3 cats and 1 dog hungrily looking at me to feed them. The natives are getting restless and can't figure out why the sun is in the correct position for them to get dinner, but I'm not dishing out the food.

They have to wait an hour, because this time tomorrow, I'll just be getting off work and won't be home for another hour.

Has the daylight savings time change made any of your cats doing anything amusing or funny?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I usually feed Ruby her supper around 4:30, and she was following me around meowing at 3:30. Breakfast wasn't a problem because she waits for the clock radio to come on as her "time for breakfast" cue and I set the clock to the new time before I went to bed.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We went off DST last weekend, and it took Mowgli about three days to adjust. The pets at the shelter were also a bit indignant last Monday about being fed too late. There was a lot of yowling from the cats and dogs.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My kitties are like Pavlov's cats, they come running for food when the bell rings. Or, more specifically, when the steamer timer rings. I didn't intentionally do it, but as it happens, I use the steamer timer to let my husband know when food is done. The timer goes off, I serve food for the kitties, and then we humans eat. Over time, the cats have come to expect food when they hear the ring, so time of day doesn't matter.

But before they learned to associate the bell with food, time changes were very annoying.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I broke down and fed everyone 30 minutes early yesterday. My senior cat was stuck to my left leg like Velcro and my Corgi was stuck to my right leg like he was super glued until I fed them. My newest cat was sitting in the bathroom where she normally eats her meals, meowing her head off like she was never going to be fed again. The only cat who didn't seem to notice dinner time/sunset relationship was the backyard feral. I guess she's just happy to know she gets 3 meals a day whatever time it is.