Tim the cat's story

wily1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My little kitten Tim was taken from his home and mother when he was too young by an irresponsible person who ended up dumping him off at a farm.  This persons cat did not take well to the new kittens (there were two), anyway instead of going back they were dumped off at this farm where I do some hunting to "be mousers".  Anyway Tim's sibling got killed by a dog, so he was all by himself in a cold dark barn.  The good thing was my friends at least fed him and let him go into the shop at night where it was warm.  I met the poor little guy and even with his dirty face and ears he was the cutest kitten I had ever seen.  I got him home and to the vets asap and found out he had a upper respiratory tract infection as well as being full of worms.  Well a worming, two weeks of meds, good food and a warm clean place I'm happy to say he made a full recovery.  When I took him for his first shots his weight had doubled.  He has been such a good cat, used his litter box right off the hop and has never had an accident in the seven weeks he has been with me.

Anyway we have gotten to be really good friends and he also loves his aunt (my girlfriend) lol.

Anyway here are some pics,in one you can see his dirty little face and ears before I got him home and cleaned up.  Anyway I knew he wanted to be my cat as before I took the picture I was sitting down and he kept crawling up on my lap.

View media item 183554

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome.

Tim is very cute.    
    I was feeling a bit down earlier but between my boy being super cuddly and then looking at Tim's sooopercute face I am now much brighter!  

What a fine fluffy boy he is now he's moved in to his lovely new home and been 'scrubbed up'.  I am so happy for him that he has moved in and found some loving humans at last. Tim looks like he has moved in and taken over his new residence already so he's got plenty of essential cat skills despite being so tiny when he lost touch with his fur family.  

Thank you for seeing how beautiful this tiny kitten was despite his grubby nose when you met, and for taking good care of him.  I look forward to hearing lots more about him as he learns more cat skills, and seeing more pictures as he grows in to an even fluffier, handsome cat full of mischief. 

that Tim now stays well and thrives in his new home with you guys.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, he is such a hon' with that tufty white chest of his all puffed out.  

Should we be concerned? Looks so like he's been caged up in that middle one!    LoL.   

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wily1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Too funny as I thought the same thing as I'm a correctional officer.

wily1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well betsy we hit off from the second we met I just knew I couldn't leave him all by himself,,,,,,,,my thoughts were even if he didn't make it he would know a warm place and a little bit of love............I spent five nights sleeping on the floor beside his bed as he was so tiny and sick but he was such a good cat using his litter box two hours after being in his forever home and never an accident...right now he is racing around playing with all his toys

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Tim is such a lucky kitten.  I'm loving thinking of him charging about with all his toys.  Wish all cats were so lucky.....

wily1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind words for Tim.  We got back from the vets a couple of hours ago from getting our second round of shots, and happy to report he is in perfect health and has put on another whole pound.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
   A lot of it might be fur, but he's certainly growing.
   Great job!   Fantastic to hear he is now in good health, he knew what he was doing when he snuggled in to your heart I think. 

bonilaur

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

Tim looks so cute and sweet.  I am glad he has a good home now.

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww, he is adorable. Thanks so much for rescuing this little guy. Boy, he sure knew who to go to for help. He looks very content and happy now.

wily1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep he is putting on much needed weight can't even feel his ribs any more!  He gets Fancy Feast Kitten Feast, Iams Kitten Food, Royal Canin Development Kitten, KMR Milk, and Whiskas Cat Milk.  I also give him some dry Purina Kitten Food to snack on if I am at work.  At Thanks Giving I cooked him a little bit of turkey and he seemed to like that.  I also had a prebiotic that I mixed in his food and KMR.  I was so happy the first day he wolfed down his solid food.  I don't like admitting it but several times I was close to tears because he was so sick and I felt so helpless.  When he was on his meds I would hold him for an hour to make sure he kept them down.  When I worked days I would get up at 330 shower, put on my uniform and give him his meds and rock in my chair with him!

Now Tim is a healthy kitten and we have lots of play time, he loves it when his Aunty Kim (my girlfriend) visits him.

He is so cute when he plays, sometimes he "hops" around like a little rabbit!

My mom and dad want me to bring him for Christmas, which is good because I didn't want to miss Xmas with my little buddy.

So right now I am on the couch and Tim has taken over my recliner.  Now that he knows not to chew on things (I still unplug a few things) I have let him run free at night.  Anyway the first night I woke up at 0400 and had a warm little bundle of fur snuggled up beside me.  The next morning he lunged at me with his front legs apart and "hugged" me and bumped his nose against mine.

From the day I got him he would paw my face with his claws retracted.

Here are a few pics of Tim's 1st Halloween, sleeping on my lap when he was getting better, chowing down, and wondering why dad is pointing that thing (my phone) at him

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
He's getting taller too!  His legs look quite long now in that pumpkin photo  :-)  Do you know how old he is to guage how much he's catching up in his growth since you adopted him and got him better?

He has such a nosy, inquisitive look about him, confident, which is lovely to see.  Well done you.

wily1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would put him at 12 to 14 weeks, it will be 8 weeks tomorrow that I have had him.  Best 8 weeks I have had in years, although the first few days were kinda rough as he was pretty sick!

fluffybeard

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww! Tiny Tim! What a sweetie! Reminds me of my little dude who was orphaned at about 4/5 weeks. He's 6 months now and I can't believe he was ever so little. The baby stage goes by so fast, enjoy him!