tiki cat treat sticks

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
has anyone heard of or tried the tiki cat treat sticks ? i saw them listed on amazon but not sure how good that brand is ? any info is appreciated

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I use them for my cat Maggie. She loves it! Also churu tubes online only. Warning- the nuro brand has chick peas

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I used Tiki Cat Stix treats for Feeby. She liked them at first and then decided they weren't so great. Since then, I have also used (as mentioned above) Inaba Churu which was also quickly 'rejected' by Feeby. In addition to those, I also still am able to use Temptations Purree, Vitakraft, Wholehearted, Catit, Fussie Cat, and Delectable Squeeze Ups - all lickable treats. Feeby's favorites are Tempatations and Squeeze Ups, although I do rotate them with the others, so she doesn't get tired of any one of them. I am using them to 'hide' meds/supplements.

HAS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of my beauties loves them, the other not so much. She prefers her crunchy treats.

donkeyslong

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Honestly I have never used the Tiki Cat sticks but i do use the tuna and mackerel in a can from Tiki Cat, they do offer high Quilty foods. What i use instead as a treat is the Blue Buffalo burst with savory seafood cat treats and my Bengal loves that.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't looked at the Tiki Cat sticks, but if your cat has seafood sensitivities check the ingredients. I've found that some of the "chicken" ones have some sort of fish in them (no good for my girls' tummies).

donkeyslong

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I haven't looked at the Tiki Cat sticks, but if your cat has seafood sensitivities check the ingredients. I've found that some of the "chicken" ones have some sort of fish in them (no good for my girls' tummies).
My bengal is allergic to chicken and eggs so that Is
20220511_084719.jpg
why on fish.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If they can have fish that's great. My older girl is having tummy troubles after some food that had salmon oil.

ClumsyBear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I do really like Tiki Cat as a brand. My cat has never had any issues consuming. He also adores the treat sticks, he goes nuts for them.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
FYI! If you need to give your cat a pill, dip it in a tiki stick or churu tube. Slides easily down her throat and she loves it

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve been eying them too…Nutrition wise, really, they are good? No mystery ingredients? Do you give the entire tube at one go? And it’s a snack type thingy not a meal in of itself, correct? I guess I’m wary cos it— well, it looks like GOO. :headscratch:

chelsmarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has anyone tried the Whole Hearted Purée Sticks from Petco as a budget alternative?

• INGREDIENTS & ANALYSIS
    Ingredients
    Chicken Broth, Chicken, Tapioca Starch, Natural Flavor, Vitamin E Supplement.
    Guaranteed Analysis
    Crude Protein (min) 8, Crude Fat (min) 0.1%, Crude Fiber (max) 1%, Moisture (max) 84%. CALORIE CONTENT (ME: CALCULATED) 602 KCAL/KG, 8 KCAL/tube.

These are the ingredients for Tiki Stix by comparison:

Ingredients
    Chicken broth, chicken, dried egg, natural tuna flavor, natural chicken flavor, xanthan gum, fish extract, salt.
    Guaranteed Analysis
    Crude Protein (min) 9%Crude Fat (min) 2%Crude Fiber (max) 0.5%Moisture (max) 88% Calorie Content 602 kcal/kg9 kcal/serving

BeccaCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When my Freya was so sick and not eating, Tiki Stix were the only thing I could get into her. She LOVED them. I gave them to her more for the moisture content than for nutrition. She was small, and yes I gave her the whole stick at once. But it's definitely a snack - not a meal.

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm feeding mine Bravo! treats. They're expensive but she loves them and according to the package they have only one ingredient: chicken breast.