Tiki Cat Raw Experiences?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally broke open the tub of Tiki Cat Raw turkey that I had in my fridge despite Tiki Cat's inability to tell me how much bone is in their recipe. I called them. They said they didn't have a percentage figure.

Krista's been having the clostridium squirts lately anyway. A little bone slowing her down may not be the worst. Starting yesterday, I've been giving her a half ounce snack at morning and a half ounce snack in the evening. I'm doing a slow introduction while I wait for the returns. If the returns are good, I can add to her portion.

Anyone else feeding or formerly feeding Tiki Cat Raw? What is/was your experience with it? Cats did alright on it? or got bunged up by bone?

Thanks in advance!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't tried Tiki raw food because of the bone. When I wrote to them to ask about bone, this was the answer I received: "The Tiki Cat Raw Chicken and Turkey formulas do contain bones that are ground very fine. We do not have the percentage of bone that is included though, as we use whole chicken/turkey."

That sounds like it could be a fair bit of bone. (Albeit variable.) As you say, though, this might be just the thing for a cat in Krista's current situation. I'll be interested to hear how she does on it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She took no convincing and enjoys it nearly as much as Rad Cat. She has fewer teeth than she did last year so it’s a bit more effort. I do have to fluff it up towards the end of the portion to help her finish. Then she sleeps the sleep of princesses. She doesn’t look distressed. But she also doesn’t look interested in anything but sleep. Including the second breakfast/dinner portions. Maybe I make it her second portion so we both can get some deep sleep at night. ;)

I’m reserving judgment until I see the next poop(s) and Monday morning’s weigh-in.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe I make it her second portion so we both can get some deep sleep at night.
Fingers crossed that you do it and it works! I'm glad to hear she likes the food. If I were just feeding Edwina, I might give it a try for just a small daily snack, but Ireland, no!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For now, she eats more of this than she’s eating of the Rawz. If she’s only going to be awake for one meal, I’d rather it be a big one. I don’t even know if I could stay up to supervise a 10 pm meal. I usually do that shift half asleep as I already passed out at 8 pm.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poops have been good since we switched. Almost like she didn’t have the clostridium squirts for weeks. But the total amount of food she’s eating is going down. I don’t know if it’s her stomach trying to digest bone for the first time in her life or if she’s simply sleeping deeper having easier to digest food. Still reserving judgement until Monday morning weigh-in.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poops have been good since we switched. Almost like she didn’t have the clostridium squirts for weeks. But the total amount of food she’s eating is going down. I don’t know if it’s her stomach trying to digest bone for the first time in her life or if she’s simply sleeping deeper having easier to digest food. Still reserving judgement until Monday morning weigh-in.
I'm glad her poops seem good again! Fingers crossed that the food continues to help her :vibes:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bone was bunging her up and she wasn't finishing enough of the Tiki Cat Raw.

I started a new season of Krista Test Kitchen where I construct a recipe that hopefully she will eat more than once. I made a batch that's nearly nutritionally complete. This isn't her only food and I'll be making a new batch in a day or two adding in the vitamin E and kelp that I skipped last night.