Tiki cat dry food

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I feed Neko-chan both wet food and kibble. I'd like to switch her off of blue buffalo wilderness as I've heard that some healthy cats got sick and even died on it. She loves her tiki cat after dark and they have an all life stages kibble. Anyone else feed this or have recommended dry food? It has to be grain and oat free, as oats and wheat give her stinky poos.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I had no idea Tiki Cat made dry food, but if it fits what you're looking for then it might be worth picking up a small bag to see whether or not Neko-chan will eat it. That's really the most important thing :wink:

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tiki dry is pretty low carb. I’d say it’s almost in line with dr elseys maybe a little higher carb but you your cats like it’s its infinitely better than blue.

Rosepud

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feed Neko-chan both wet food and kibble. I'd like to switch her off of blue buffalo wilderness as I've heard that some healthy cats got sick and even died on it. She loves her tiki cat after dark and they have an all life stages kibble. Anyone else feed this or have recommended dry food? It has to be grain and oat free, as oats and wheat give her stinky poos.
I like Dr. Elseys clean protein slightly more than tiki dry, but they're very comparable they're both good dry foods.

crouton

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have 3 cats, one 15 month old I've had since May and two nearly 8 month old kittens that I've had since the beginning of this month. When the kittens arrived my cat was eating tiki cat chicken and fish luau dry food (it smells so bad, makes my whole house smell of fish or something) but the cat loved it. One of the kittens had a soft poo while eating it. I spilled an old bag of Dr. Elseys on the floor at home (older cat previously didn't care for it much) and they all thought it was treats so we started mixing some in with the Tiki Cat and they ate it. We transitioned over to only Dr. Elseys in the last few weeks and at first they all had diarrhea, then it seemed to stop for a brief time though they all had looser stools. Now one of the cats has diarrhea again. They all eat quite a bit of the Dr. Elseys so I have no idea if I should transition them back to the Tiki Cat with lower protein/slightly more carbs or find something new. The kittens are always gassy as well on the Dr. Elseys (chicken).

Anyone had experiences like this with Tiki Cat/Dr. Elseys? I also notice after giving the Dr. Elsey's alone that my older cat's coat has gotten very dull and not as soft. I'm not sure if they need lower protein or what.

Sorry to hijack your thread.