Tiger the prince my best friend ? 1999 - February 17th, 2015

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I don't post here at all any more; but I said goodbye to Tiger on Tuesday evening as the vet confirmed he was dying.
I thought I'd let you all know since I shared stories of him here. On Monday in the middle of the night he didn't eat very much and nearly refused his treats which was his favorite thing ever. Then I knew something was horribly wrong because if he's refusing treats, that's not like Tiger he has never refused treats for as long as I have had him. He was cat of the day on July 22nd, 2007 (I had him 2 years then) and I will share the link here.

It's really hard for me to write this because I can't explain in words how much he meant to me but if you have had a heart animal you just know. He was my world, my loyal and faithful friend for almost 10 years. He didn't have the best life before he came to me as I adopted him when he was 5 years old but I promised him as long as he is with me he would have the best life possible. And, he did. I loved him until he left his ailing body and I know he loved me too. And you know, almost 10 years doesn't seem long enough but every day he was loved and every day we spent together was a treasure. He was the sweetest cat I have ever known and he loved everyone he met but he made it clear to everyone I was his person and he was my heart.

It was so hard to say goodbye and I wish I could have kept him forever but this cruel world doesn't work that way and I couldn't let him suffer. I know he's my guardian angel now and will watch over me until I see him again one fine day. I'll share his cat of the day of the link for the bio I wrote about him and some pictures as I can't write much more without crying. I love you so much Tiger and I miss you. Also please don't say I'll get another cat again... because it hurts too much right now. Miagi & Angel need me.

This photo shows perfectly the bond we shared.

Rest in peace my sweet boy. I will see you again one fine day. Tiger the prince ? 1999 - February 17th, 2015

Here is his cat of the day link. http://catoftheday.com/archive/2007/July/22.html

catconcern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My condolences. My boy was also born in 99 at least that's when I got him and he was a kitten and he died last year. It destroyed me and changed my life and me as a person. I understand your pain and sorrow. I hope u find peace and happiness.

God bless you.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear of Tiger's passing. I recall you posting about him - what a sweet little face he had. RIP, Tiger. :rbheart:

huntersdad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please accept my condolences for your loss.  I was in a similar situation a few weeks ago when I lost Hunter.  He took me in when he was also 5 and like Tiger, did not have the best of lives up to that point.  I understand your pain and sorrow and right now you feel you could never imagine anything could hurt so bad but it does get better.  Tiger will always be w/ you and you w/ him.  I wish I had a pill you could take to make it better but time is the only thing that will ease your pain.  Hang in there, my friend and we are all thinking of you at this time.

Mike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind words and support. Means a lot. I really miss my boy.

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
aww...yes your bond was a sweet one... and you are so right you gave him the bestest life possible. Blessings to you for opening your heart to such a sweetie pie.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss.
I lost my lotto 18 months ago after him being with me for 20 years. It's so hard losing our bestests.
IThe does get easier. I have 2 different kitties now but they don't take his place.
Keep strong. Tiger was beautiful.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for the loss of your best friend and companion, it takes a piece of your heart too. Nothing we can say will ever take away your pain, I just want you to know we are here and understand the terrific pain you are experiencing right now, and will share the burden if we can. Nothing can take away your memories or the love you hold in your heart, treasure them and share them with others to release some of the pain that builds to a crushing level if you hold it inside. The love you two shared will never die, it will reside in your heart forever. Please know that sweet boy would never want you to be so sad, but celebrate what you shared and pass on that legacy of love he leaves behind. Give Miagi and Angel a kiss for me, they are mourning the loss of their brother too, take care...........RIP sweet Tiger! 

snugglecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Tiger, my thoughts and prayers go out to you during this difficult time.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone.. it's really hard without him. :( Can't believe today has been a week. My best friend got his ashes back for me and I have a locket she also got me to put them in. I ordered an urn as well that I can decorate myself and make it special. It hasn't gotten here yet but it will be soon.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful cat. You can see the love he had for you. I am very sorry for your loss. What a gift they are to us, and then we are always asked to give them back. [emoji]128148[/emoji]

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
getting the ashes back was bitter sweet for me. I of course cried, but instantly was soooo glad to have Min back home. (hugs)

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Thank you everyone.. it's really hard without him. :( Can't believe today has been a week. My best friend got his ashes back for me and I have a locket she also got me to put them in. I ordered an urn as well that I can decorate myself and make it special. It hasn't gotten here yet but it will be soon.
I am very sorry for your loss of Tiger!  Just love the pictures of the two of you together.  I got Rizzo's ashes back a couple of weeks ago & a pendant with his hair enclosed.  Still looking for a special urn. I do understand your heartache & it will be very hard for awhile. It helped me to post on this site & talk about our special relationship & I hope you do as well.  People here understand that you have lost a very close  family member. So many friends are pushing me to get another cat; like you can just get a replacement.  You & your cats need time to grieve your loss.  I am glad that you have your other babies to comfort you.   When you get that special urn decorated please share a picture with us.  I truly believe he is watching over  you. 

Rest in peace, little Tiger.

bgregory

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear you are hurting so badly over the loss of your dear Tiger.  It's been 5 months since I lost my boy Tabby, and I feel like the hurt will never go away.  I know what you mean about other people saying you'll get another cat someday.  I've had people approach me asking me to adopt, and I am not ready and truly don't know if I will ever be.  Sometimes a pet comes into your life that just takes hold of your heart in such a way that there is too large a hole left when they are gone.  I can't imagine a cat other than Tabby right now in my arms.  He holds such a huge chunk of my heart, I don't have room for another.  The pain is still too raw.  It's obvious how dearly you loved Tiger.  What a lucky kitty he was to have found you for his Mom.  I shared that type of deep bond with my Tabby also, so I know how much you must be hurting.  All I can do is offer my condolences and assure you that you are not alone in your grief.  I hope that the days ahead will help you find some peace.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One year ago today, I said goodbye to my very best feline friend Tiger. I'm not sure how it's already a year, it's been a rough year for me. I wish I didn't have to say goodbye, but I couldn't let him suffer.

He was my baby, my best friend, my world for almost 10 years. And those years were the best ones of my life. I know it's so hard to lose them and they never really leave us. And I have faith he is right by my side still even not physically he's still here.

Heck he's probably right by my feet right now and still by me when I sleep at night. I just wish so much I could see him, hold him and kiss him and never let him go.

And tell him thanks for being a part of my life. I know he loved me as much as I love him. He showed that every day. Even at the end when he couldn't see me - he knew my touch and went in peace. He'll always have my heart until the end of time and be in it until I see him again. I love you and miss you so much Tiger my best feline friend. 

Tiger the prince my best feline friend ? 1999 - February, 17th 2015 

His 11th gotcha day is Monday, and to celebrate his life we're going out to lunch to eat pizza!

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is wonderful you are celebrating his gotcha day, He was a beautiful boy, I am sorry you had to say goodbye.