Tiger King on Netflix?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think the show is about her killing her husband, is it? That's just an allegation the crazy dude made. I think the show is just about the general wackiness of the whole situation.

I wish my internet connection were better so I could watch it tonight. I might try to download an episode anyway.

A comedy writer interviewed Carole 6 years ago, he never published an article but she posted it on Youtube. He says he didn't ask the right questions like "is a crazy dude trying to kill you?" ;). But she seemed sane in the interview:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think the show is about her killing her husband, is it? That's just an allegation the crazy dude made. I think the show is just about the general wackiness of the whole situation.

I wish my internet connection were better so I could watch it tonight. I might try to download an episode anyway.

A comedy writer interviewed Carole 6 years ago, he never published an article but she posted it on Youtube. He says he didn't ask the right questions like "is a crazy dude trying to kill you?" ;). But she seemed sane in the interview:
The stuff about Carole and her missing husband was really backstory and not that central to the main story which was Joe’s hatred and obsession with Carol and how it led to his ruin.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah. I have three episodes left and it's insane. It's kind of depressing watching these crazy people who have these cats - like none of them are normal, or at least no one they chose to interview is.

The backstory about Carole and her husband is interesting. I'm not sure if it's true or not, probably no one will ever know. To be totally fair, though, it wasn't just Joe making those accusations - many people who were close to her former husband hold that belief and they were closer to the situation. Though he seemed a bit off his rocker too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's like a train wreck. You just can't look away. :lol:
BCR in 2014 had $3.5 million in revenue and used only $600k of that for animal care. Volunteers do the work without pay. Family is who gets paid.
Looks like all of them are pretty shady to me....

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't get past the first 5 minutes of this show. Too over the top for me and I'm used to true crime shows on Investigation Discovery

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone's Twitter account is about them and their friend watching it together, and at one point their friend says "I'm rooting for the tigers to eat everybody now, tbh" :lol: . Sounds like they deserve it.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
It does seem like the show tries to paint Carol as a more devious character than she is just to have some added drama. I mean, the editing when they show her riding her bicycle or how they edit the scenes to make fun of her clothes and interior decorations is just bad journalism. It's clear that they are trying to make the viewer hold a certain impression of her. Whether that impression is true or not we will not know.

Anyway, the sad thing is that the cats are really the victims in all of this. This show is just depressing in general because the creators are no better than Joe, Carol, or anyone else in the show. They are making money off of the captive breeding of these animals too.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone's Twitter account is about them and their friend watching it together, and at one point their friend says "I'm rooting for the tigers to eat everybody now, tbh" :lol: . Sounds like they deserve it.
Yeah, me too. They were definitely getting the short end.

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
It's actually quite angering that the show's creators could have made a meaningful documentary about cats in captivity and to help spread word that people should not support the breeding of captive big cats. Instead, the director chose to try and create drama between the humans and sadly the stories of the cats get lost in that stupid drama.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It's actually quite angering that the show's creators could have made a meaningful documentary about cats in captivity and to help spread word that people should not support the breeding of captive big cats. Instead, the director chose to try and create drama between the humans and sadly the stories of the cats get lost in that stupid drama.
They did talk about the bill that was introduced in Congress to do just that and said, near the end of the documentary that it didn’t pass.

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
They did talk about the bill that was introduced in Congress to do just that and said, near the end of the documentary that it didn’t pass.
Right, but they're portraying animal rights activists and people like Carole who are the ones who got that bill to congress in the first place as if they're potential nutcases. The show really isn't about the cats, it's about showing how weird all the big cat people are.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Episode 2 paraphrasing "They use the animals to lure in the women"

Me to husband "I see what you did there with Sparkle." :lol:

Everyone is so ridiculous, but I'm looking forward to episode 3.