Tiger King on Netflix?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my high school friends volunteers as cam operator for Big Cat Rescue. I'm torn on what is said is true or not by this show. My friend said that the show portrays lies about BCR. I have watched BCR on cams and never saw any of the stuff that he said or accused her of. I don't know what happened to her husband though. I don't watch Netflix though but I've read a lot about this show in my Investigation Discovery Facebook group.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched 10 minutes of it. I like big cat rescue!!!
Same here. I watched her go to great lengths a few years ago to ensure the safety of all the cats as well as the volunteers and staff during the hurricane season. Yes at that time she had to put the cats in cages but generally I see the cats rolling around, enjoying themselves, lazing in the sun. They don't act like any cat that is abused. I don't know her personal life however. Maybe she did kill her husband, maybe not. I'm not fond of Netflix's shows anyway for reasons I don't want to explain.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did the show imply she did any of those things, or just show crazy Joe saying it? He was a disturbed man, and he definitely accused the BCR founder of a lot of crazy stuff. I haven't seen the show yet but I've heard they don't portray BCR in a negative light.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stopped watching after 10 minutes because I didn’t find it entertaining & I hated seeing those tigers in cages!!!
That said I still like Big Cat Rescue.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha, the DJ on the radio just said all her friends are watching it, and she tried, but it was a slow-motion trainwreck and she doesn't like trainwrecks, lol. I thought that was funny considering we're discussing it here too. So now I have to try at least one episode. Sometimes trainwrecks are entertaining. . .

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
This is far from the tiny cage crazy Joe claims BCRs cats to live in. I was always amazed for the 5 years I've been watch BCR on explore .com as to how much bigger the enclosures were to what we have in my local zoo. This tiger doesn't look the least bit abused to me. Remember tigers love water. :)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I am wondering though how can they think she killed him if there is no body? Isn't it just possible that he wanted to disappear? ,If they had troubles in their marriage of course she probably wouldn't care where he went. Just curious is alll.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha and how would he know that unless he was with her? Which if she did, he'd be an accomplice

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Watched it and loved it. So bizarre it was hard to believe it’s real. Not often you get big cat rescue, big cat selling, big cat cruelty, allegations of infidelity and murder, plural gay marriage, gruesome on the job injury, a wannabe country singer/presidential candidate/governor candidate, suicide, probable arson, elder financial abuse and murder for hire in a single documentary. You have to get past the first few episodes to really appreciate it.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watched it and loved it. So bizarre it was hard to believe it’s real. Not often you get big cat rescue, big cat selling, big cat cruelty, allegations of infidelity and murder, plural gay marriage, gruesome on the job injury, a wannabe country singer/presidential candidate/governor candidate, suicide, probable arson, elder financial abuse and murder for hire in a single documentary. You have to get past the first few episodes to really appreciate it.
Yeah, the whole thing is insane!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
My question still stands: If she did feed him to the tiger like liar Joe is saying, there would be no body for evidence or autopsy. So how would he even know what she did unless he was with her, which would make him an accessory to murder or she would have told him which is doubtful. So the entire show is a he said she said sort of thing because without a body and dna the case of his disappearance or death is moot and just speculation. He wanted a divorce. Maybe she wouldn't grant him one so he just disappeared on his own will. Again speculation, just like the show.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My question still stands: If she did feed him to the tiger like liar Joe is saying, there would be no body for evidence or autopsy. So how would he even know what she did unless he was with her, which would make him an accessory to murder or she would have told him which is doubtful. So the entire show is a he said she said sort of thing because without blood and dna the case of his disappearance or death is moot and just speculation.
I thought Joe said her husband would be under or inside of some big sewer tank. Although, it seems he's using any and all theories he can think of to gain attention. The more absurd the better.

I'm inclined to believe it all. I just don't know how anybody could make all that up. Mind boggling!!:flail: :flail:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I don't know. Like I said my friend of 50 years back in school does volunteer work as a cam operator for their live cams on explore. org and she has stated that Carol is not the woman he claims she is. This conversation led me to talk with her. Also called my cousin who toured the facility BCR 5 years ago and said it is a superb sanctuary. And the cats at BCR are not in tiny cages. They have bigger enclosures the the big cats at the St. Louis Zoo. . I don't know Carol personally or what she does in her personal life but from what my cousin and friend said I don't believe him at all. And I still believe in America it's innocent until proven guilty? If they come out with proof she is guilty of killing her husband than I hope that for the sake of the big cats someone else takes over because those cats are well loved and cared for.