Tidy Cat Breeze System pellets?

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of you may know I've ordered a SmartBox litter system, and I will report on how it is accepted here. I've been looking at the Breeze system too. The idea of pee soaked pads does not at all appeal to me, and the supplies in this system would be mighty expensive with four cats.

But my question is, what are the pellets made of? I can't find any info other than they are "cat friendly dust free pellets". I want to know what they are made of!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

But my question is, what are the pellets made of? I can't find any info other than they are "cat friendly dust free pellets". I want to know what they are made of!
I saw some at the store....they appears to be some kind of glazed clay or porcelain. If you want to be sure, try calling their customer service number, I'm sure it can be found online somewhere.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dust free im not sure of I had to get a urine sample and i used them in a pinch(when gabby was REAL sick. i rinsed with water first. results came in normal...

I know targets in my area have been doing clearence on the tidy cats breeze. think a great idea but to muxh start up cost for many ppl tho I do see $5 off coupons often enough.

Off breezeforcats.com
are the pellets biodegradable?

The pellets are not biodegradable since they are made of Zeolite, a family of naturally occurring, non-toxic minerals

What is zeolite

Zeolite is a family of highly porous, non-toxic, naturally occurring minerals. Zeolites are used in a variety of applications such as water filtration and softening systems.

What is the polymer coating

It is a wax based coating. The wax is the same type used in the coating of some cheeses, as well as an ingredient in many lip balms.

answers are copy/pasted questins arent-was a pic in middle...

raggmoppgal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just want to let you know that the Breeze box works perfectly with pine pellets from Tractor Supply Company (natural pine Equine Pelletized Bedding, about $5 per 40 lb bag, pellet size appr 5/8" x 1/4" around). I threw in a handful of the Breeze pellets but I too wondered what they are made of, and how they work. I'll wait and see whether they disintegrate. But with the pine pellets, there's no need for the urine pads. The urine is absorbed by the pellets, the pellets disintegrate into sawdust, the sawdust falls easily through the sifter pan into the drawer for disposal. And the provided scoop has large enough holes to let the pellets drop out while lifting out solid waste. Trying the pine pellets because a friend said they offer superior odor control, plus I'd been wanting to try higher-walled boxes to see if I could cut down on daily sweeping time. Also looking for affordable litter, PLUS looking for healthiest, dust-free, fungus-free alternatives for immune-suppressed cat. I made a DIY two-pan arrangement for one set of cats, but it's a bit funky, need to keep working on it to improve the sifting. Was happy to find this ready-made item that works well.