Ticks

Cquinn1021

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My daughter found a tick. Didn't find any on our babies. Looking for something to spray the lawn with that won't harm the cats but will kill any ticks.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have heard that food grade diatomaceous earth will kill ticks and is safe for humans and pets.

But, if you allow your pets outside, it might be a better idea to treat them with a topical treatment like Revolution Plus, which not only kill ticks but fleas and mites, not to mention most of the 'worm' family.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cquinn1021

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have heard that food grade diatomaceous earth will kill ticks and is safe for humans and pets.

But, if you allow your pets outside, it might be a better idea to treat them with a topical treatment like Revolution Plus, which not only kill ticks but fleas and mites, not to mention most of the 'worm' family.
I.. of course... was going to do topical treatment.....I was just unsure what to do about outside as ibelieve my daughter brought it in. We've lived here for 26yrs and this is the first time we've seen any.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do more research, but I've heard that products like wondercide and cedarcide are diluted enough to be cat safe if you use it in your yard. I believe both have a hose attachment so you can really spray the entire yard, but with ticks, focus on places like trees, bushes, and be sure to clear or remove any overgrowth or brush as that's where the little blood suckers like to hang out.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ticks aren't like fleas, where if you see one you know you have an infestation. Sometimes ticks just pop up in the randomest places. So unless you start seeing a lot of them, I don't think treatment is necessary.

Ticks really like wet years :/.