Tica Breeder Listings

grhillwine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would like to adopt a Ragdoll, and have found several breeders listed on TICA's website within driving distance and near a major city. They're charging between $1600 - $2000 for kittens. I also came across a website not listed by TICA, but the breeder is claiming they are registered with TICA. They are the next town over from me (not near a major city), and are charging $1000/kitten. How can I verify if they really are registered with TICA? Does it seem odd that their price is so much lower? Does being near a major city have anything to do with pricing? I know that pricing is largely based on pet quality vs show quality, breeding potential etc. Is it possibe to be a TICA-registered breeder and not be listed on their website? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it is possible to have TICA registered cats and not appear in TICA's breeder listing. Does the breeder show their cats in TICA?

Kitten prices can vary tremendously. Ask how old the kittens are when they go to their new homes, and what is included in the price. Some breeders sell at a lower price, but don't include the neuter/spay or all of the kitten vaccinations. On the other hand, some breeders have a lower price because they live in a lower cost area and their expenses aren't as high.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes they can have TICA registered cats and not be on the breeder listing. It all depends on if they are a member of TICA , which unlike the CFA has individual membership. I have several cats that are registered in TICA but I am not a member (yet) or on their breeder list (or on the CFA list either). I chose not to be included since I won't ship cats. Prices vary by location, quality and if the breeder provides spay/neuter, microchip, insurance and all shots. Also truthfully some breeders have an inflated idea of prices to charge. I was offered what I consider pet quality kittens for show prices when I was looking for my most recent addition. I wanted as close to top show as I could get since he was to be my new stud. While in the long run it may cost more I would go with an established breeder who shows. They should know the breed standard and offer support for the life of the cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grhillwine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes they can have TICA registered cats and not be on the breeder listing. It all depends on if they are a member of TICA , which unlike the CFA has individual membership. I have several cats that are registered in TICA but I am not a member (yet) or on their breeder list (or on the CFA list either). I chose not to be included since I won't ship cats. Prices vary by location, quality and if the breeder provides spay/neuter, microchip, insurance and all shots. Also truthfully some breeders have an inflated idea of prices to charge. I was offered what I consider pet quality kittens for show prices when I was looking for my most recent addition. I wanted as close to top show as I could get since he was to be my new stud. While in the long run it may cost more I would go with an established breeder who shows. They should know the breed standard and offer support for the life of the cat.
Thank you so much for responding!
Yes, it is possible to have TICA registered cats and not appear in TICA's breeder listing. Does the breeder show their cats in TICA?

Kitten prices can vary tremendously. Ask how old the kittens are when they go to their new homes, and what is included in the price. Some breeders sell at a lower price, but don't include the neuter/spay or all of the kitten vaccinations. On the other hand, some breeders have a lower price because they live in a lower cost area and their expenses aren't as high.