In February I lost Wolf to FIP
Wolf (1).JPG
His thorax...
dapnwf-1186780968279863260_wolf_496351.jpg

Then on May fourth I lost his brother Kion...to FIP
IMG_20200419_182556.jpg

Later on in May I suspected something was up with the last brother, Heathcliff
Heathcliff (1).jpg
Vet looked him over and said, fever, and feels like fluids :disappointed: I started him on prednison and he got better.

Then I took in some kittens and he loved them
IMG_20200821_140108.jpg
But his health was failing...I was trying everything to get him better and to eat....

On August 22, I lost Puk to FIP...totally unrelated to
Puk (3).JPG

On Friday August 28 I wanted to find out what was really ailing Heathcliff
Heathcliff (8).jpg
Vet felt fluids and took a sample...it was yellow..he was not nearly as sick as any of them but sick enough he passed only seconds after the fatal injection flowed through his veins.....

I will miss you cuddly boy, I hope you had fun while you were here...and you're now reunited with your brothers..
Three Brothers (4).JPG
Three Brothers (2).JPG

I am numb beyond anything...I can't even draw anything like I did for Puk...
I am also extremely worried...worried for the rest of the cats, worried for the kittens I took in, Fox adores them but haven't I doomed them by bringing them in and having them with Heathcliff and Fox....what will happen with Fox? Will she join her brothers? What about Puk's relatives?

There's this voice that keeps telling me I am just another hoarder of cats...I haven't saved anyone...just doomed them to a miserable short life because of FIP....

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's nothing you did, nothing they did. Coincidence is not causality. The dice rolled and your three beloved cats came up snake eyes. You doomed no one. You gave them love, the greatest gift of all. That love is why you are so unhappy and blame yourself right now. Losing one cat is miserable. Two - even more so. Three . . . I cannot do anything more than offer you my sympathy in this sorrowful time.

Take that miserable devil's voice whispering black thoughts in your mind and kick it back to the nether regions. Look for sunshine and a rainbow where your three cats are across the bridge, once again healthy and free from pain. They will be there when - in the fullness of time - you also cross the Rainbow Bridge and are reunited again.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You gave them more than they could have possibly hoped for, someone to love them......
It is recommended that cats with FIP or even the chance of having it be kept in small isolated groups with no contact, groups of 4 or less. It is not extremely contagious, but I would have a room just for certain cats and disinfect before having others in there. Since you know now that FIP is present, try not to bring more cats in until you are sure it is gone.
None of this is YOUR fault, it is a horrible disease that you did not cause, it was present in their bodies. But it is in your power to not doom more to the same fate. I lost so many when we had distemper race through our ferals, I know too well the feelings of helplessness, of anger, of total despair, to watch them slip away one by one, even after extensive vet care. It was heartbreaking and will always be with me. Now my beloved house cats have leukemia, and although well right now, can quickly slip into dangerous territory. The unknown and what the future can bring is terrifying.
Please just love those little ones as well as you can, you are their everything. The bond you form with them will always be a part of your soul, they will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. Those three brothers thank you for giving them what they may have never had, someone to love them and to be with them at the end. My prayers are with you, please don't let yourself go into the darkness when what they need so much right now is to feel your light. Take each day as it comes, one day at a time......RIP dear Heathcliff, Kion, and Wolf. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have secure places in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you all, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so so sorry that you have had this horrible situation with them, but they all know that they were loved and taken care of the best that you could, sometimes awful stuff like this just happens.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless you......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so very sorry. But, like the others, I would want you to understand that you did nothing wrong! You gave those babies a life filled with love, a home, a family. Feline coronavirus (NOT the same one that causes COVID, there are LOTS of them) is quite common in cats, but it rarely mutates into FIP, thankfully. That it happened to all three brothers is a horrible, horrible fluke.

Rest you gentle, Sweet Boys, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever!