Thread Devoted To Sharing Your Favorite Albums And Songs - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh heck, No! I didn't know they were making music without Richie Sambora. It just doesn't sound the same! I also heard that Fleetwood Mac booted Lindsey Buckingham. Why do these bands fight?! :bawling:

Miracle by Bon Jovi

Make a Memory by Bon Jovi
Too often, egos get in the way. Do remember Cream? Blind Faith? The Eagles? All of them split up over egos. And, of course, there's the biggie, the Beatles. Meanwhile, the Rolling Stones just keep going, and going, and............

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Too often, egos get in the way. Do remember Cream? Blind Faith? The Eagles? All of them split up over egos. And, of course, there's the biggie, the Beatles. Meanwhile, the Rolling Stones just keep going, and going, and............
IMO the gold standard of how to have a successful band is Rush. They made an agreement when they first started that they were equals in all aspects of the band and they kept that pledge all these years. Other bands need to take a few pages from their book or at least READ them. :rolleyes2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO the gold standard of how to have a successful band is Rush. They made an agreement when they first started that they were equals in all aspects of the band and they kept that pledge all these years. Other bands need to take a few pages from their book or at least READ them. :rolleyes2:

All equals to Neil Peart? :shocked: Drummer extraordinaire.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard
Thanks for that- my ears might recover in another week. BTW, I first heard the line 'pour some sugar on me' in a song by the Archies back in the bad old days of so-called 'bubble gum rock' called 'Sugar Sugar'.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh heck, No! I didn't know they were making music without Richie Sambora. It just doesn't sound the same!
I agree. Richie is sorely missed. :( Here's the last song he recorded with them.

I also heard that Fleetwood Mac booted Lindsey Buckingham. Why do these bands fight?! :bawling:
Bon Jovi keep all their secrets, well secret, so we'll probably never know what happened. But the band had been on a short break, and were meeting in Calgary to restart the tour, and Richie didn't show up. The band had no time to get a replacement and had to play that concert without a lead guitarist. That was in 2013. They finally came face to face earlier this year at the band's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction.

Alec, who left the band back in the 90's also was inducted. Here's a pic of the original 5 members from the ceremony.

upload_2018-12-10_16-30-21.jpeg

And one from the crazy hair-band 80's

Part of the problem with Bon Jovi could be that the members aren't equals. Jon is the one with the recording contract. And the other members are basically his employees.

Great song. I loved the 80's music. :D

Don't think this one has been posted yet. Bryan Adams - Cuts Like a Knife

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree. Richie is sorely missed. :( Here's the last song he recorded with them.

Bon Jovi keep all their secrets, well secret, so we'll probably never know what happened. But the band had been on a short break, and were meeting in Calgary to restart the tour, and Richie didn't show up. The band had no time to get a replacement and had to play that concert without a lead guitarist. That was in 2013. They finally came face to face earlier this year at the band's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction.

Alec, who left the band back in the 90's also was inducted. Here's a pic of the original 5 members from the ceremony.

View attachment 265829

And one from the crazy hair-band 80's

Part of the problem with Bon Jovi could be that the members aren't equals. Jon is the one with the recording contract. And the other members are basically his employees.

Great song. I loved the 80's music. :D

Don't think this one has been posted yet. Bryan Adams - Cuts Like a Knife

Here's what Richie had to say back in 2013

Guitarist Richie Sambora Reveals Why He Left Bon Jovi Tour

and Jon in 2016

The Night Richie Sambora Left Bon Jovi: 'He Just Didn’t Come to Work'

Richie spent time in rehab in 2011. I always wondered if he thought it was just too much and was afraid he'd relapse. One thing to note is that neither one felt the need to bash the other like others do.

Hi Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons!! :wave3: :rolleyes2:

Speaking of Kiss, I love this song. Been a fan since '78.

Pay close attention towards the end of the song. 2:45 on. Ace is such a goof. You gotta love him.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Richie spent time in rehab in 2011. I always wondered if he thought it was just too much and was afraid he'd relapse. One thing to note is that neither one felt the need to bash the other like others do.
I think it might have something to do with his time in rehab too. Plus, at the time he said he wanted to spend more time with his daughter. And considering all that's been going on with Heather Locklear lately, there may have been more truth to that statement than it seemed at the time.

Here's the Bon Jovi song that started it all. For anyone not familiar with the band's history, Jon recorded this song BEFORE there was a band, and when the song became a hit had to find members and form a band.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO the gold standard of how to have a successful band is Rush. They made an agreement when they first started that they were equals in all aspects of the band and they kept that pledge all these years
~ The Doors - A band from the 1960s - also did the democratic agreement thing . All four members share equally .

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hee Hee. When you mention a song, I never know if it's because you love it or hate it. So I just post it. :lol:

Bad Moon Rising by CCR

Run Through the Jungle by CCR

Down on the Corner by CCR
Don't take anything I say personally, because I have a warped sense of humor myself. It comes from seeing too many young guys with holes in them that Nature never intended. It was that, or booze, or drugs, or just go nuts. I chose door number one.

Status
Not open for further replies.