Thread Devoted To Sharing Your Favorite Albums And Songs - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm leaping around like a hyperactive school girl.
You all know we're Michael Jackson fans, and someone sent me this a few years ago on his involvement in some video game music.
I don't do video games but I did (try to) play this one and even though I couldn't get past the first level, I liked it.
This isn't a Michael Jackson contribution, technically, but the entire video is very interesting.
It does stay on topic. It's a video. That has music in it.:anticipation:
(The "Hard Times" mention starts at 14:45.)
No way, this video was what introduced me to the song! The Ice Cap Zone music had been my favorite Sonic 3 music since I was a kid, and I remember my mother saying it was probably because it sounded so 80s. Turns out she was more right than either of us knew :lol:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - Do what I do: hold down the Catholic Key, then the Alternator Key, and then click the Delorean key. Then go out and pretend to work in the barn.

Jason Aldean's tough - so many choices. Fly-Over States, Night Train, Dirt Road Anthem.... This is still my favourite though:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never heard of Ramblin' Jack Elliott either. He really does sound like Bob Dylan. I'll have to look up more of his music. :)
He was one of the people - along with Dave Van Ronk - that Dylan "studied" at the coffee houses in the village in the early 1960s - The Bitter End, The Gaslight, the Café Wha? and the White Horse. The "other one" - Van Ronk made this famous, though not quite so famous as Eric Burdon would a few years later:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OK, it's Sunday! I'll post ICE-T's stuff on another day!

OH, gotta post this one! He sure knew how to rock a concert! ... Kind of made a person fall asleep! ... :crackup:

Once upon a very long time ago. One of the guys who worked out with me an the "Haole", at guess what time? .... Around 0300, yeah, 3AM at the Nautilus 24hr Gym! ... :lol:

Anyways, he was one of the back up singers for Don Ho! He is one funny Hawaiian! He drove a Porsche, and would drive ALL the girls crazy! ... ;) ... The "Haole" who also drove a Porsche, but well, always asked him, "How do you do it"? .... :lol:

Good Times!

Pops

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Very interesting. I never knew that. I thought Bob Dylan was born with that gravely voice. I like that House of the Rising Sun cover better than the original. :)

A azpops --What is a Haole? I have no idea what you just said. :D
Thanks for posting. I never heard of that singer.

rubysmama rubysmama --Good choice! I was trying to think of Bret Michaels songs.

kashmir64 kashmir64 --My older brother loves Rod Stewart, he collects all his music. Now I'm gonna have to post Maggie May in honor of my cat who is named after it!

Maggie May by Rod Stewart

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi ; "Haole" is a Caucasian person living in Hawaii. Could be used derogatorily when pissed, or when with the boys, one of the brahdahs (kind of like a term of endearment, I guess ... LOL)!

Nevur thought it would happen, which someone doesn't know Don Ho! Well today is a first! ... :biggrin:

Just had a memory, so I'll post another;

May be one more, before heading to catch some Z's!

Have a great day! Goodnight!

Pops

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A azpops --I've never been to Hawaii. The only places I've ever been are Dallas, San Antonio, Boston, Lake Tahoe, Reno, San Francisco, and Canada...I do know who The Cure is though! Fascination Street is my favorite.

I like this Bruce Springsteen song:

Dancing In The Dark by Bruce Springsteen

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A azpops --I've never been to Hawaii. The only places I've ever been are Dallas, San Antonio, Boston, Lake Tahoe, Reno, San Francisco, and Canada...I do know who The Cure is though! Fascination Street is my favorite.

I like this Bruce Springsteen song:

Dancing In The Dark by Bruce Springsteen
I like this one-

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout:
^I just like their antlers.
:rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout:
...hey, anyone else think those hands look like antlers when the little guys are lined up like that?
Yes, they do. And these guys: :flail::flail::flail::flail::flail:look like a chorus line that's been tipped over.

M maggiedemi ; "Haole" is a Caucasian person living in Hawaii. Could be used derogatorily when pissed, or when with the boys, one of the brahdahs (kind of like a term of endearment, I guess ... LOL)!
I had a Hawaiian roommate in college. One day we'd been to a meeting where the speaker had been talking about the racism of people who say things like "But some of my best friends are black!" and as we were walking back to the dorm my roommate said, jokingly (affectionately), "But some of my best friends are haoles!"

Nevur thought it would happen, which someone doesn't know Don Ho! Well today is a first! ... :biggrin:
I've heard of him. I think we're showing our age.

Margret

Status
Not open for further replies.