Thread Devoted To Sharing Your Favorite Albums And Songs - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just going to post that song and see you posted it first. BTW: and here's a funny story but TRUE. Back in the 80s Chuck Berry had a huge birthday party/concert (Yes St. Louis MO). I was at Camelot Music 5 hours before the concert and got into a conversation with a very pleasant and kind gentleman. Not relaying the entire 30 minute conversation but we talked about various things, he asked for recommendation on folk music. I told him my father really liked The Kingston Trio which he bought. After 30 minutes of talking he said he had to go. He made his purchase and as he was walking out the door the clerk said "Have a nice concert tonight Mr. Jagger" in which the man turned around, winked and walked off. And I had no idea it was him the entire 30 minutes. And yes it was Mick Jagger that I talked to for 30 minutes. I wasn't a Stones fan at the time and wouldn't be for 10 more years when I got hooked on Bridges to Babylon. B to B I became a fan of their music, and remembering how Mick was such a gentleman, even after finding out I wasn't a fan of the Stones at all. My cousin however was a huge fan and he almost killed me when I told him. He's like "The lips, the accent. How could you not spot that?" Uh I don't know. I'm so oblivious sometimes you have to hit me on the head with a 2 x 4. lol

Anyway thought you'd enjoy that. My cousin never lets me forget this either. lol

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just going to post that song and see you posted it first. BTW: and here's a funny story but TRUE. Back in the 80s Chuck Berry had a huge birthday party/concert (Yes St. Louis MO). I was at Camelot Music 5 hours before the concert and got into a conversation with a very pleasant and kind gentleman. Not relaying the entire 30 minute conversation but we talked about various things, he asked for recommendation on folk music. I told him my father really liked The Kingston Trio which he bought. After 30 minutes of talking he said he had to go. He made his purchase and as he was walking out the door the clerk said "Have a nice concert tonight Mr. Jagger" in which the man turned around, winked and walked off. And I had no idea it was him the entire 30 minutes. And yes it was Mick Jagger that I talked to for 30 minutes. I wasn't a Stones fan at the time and wouldn't be for 10 more years when I got hooked on Bridges to Babylon. B to B I became a fan of their music, and remembering how Mick was such a gentleman, even after finding out I wasn't a fan of the Stones at all. My cousin however was a huge fan and he almost killed me when I told him. He's like "The lips, the accent. How could you not spot that?" Uh I don't know. I'm so oblivious sometimes you have to hit me on the head with a 2 x 4. lol

Anyway thought you'd enjoy that. My cousin never lets me forget this either. lol
Wowza, that is sooo cool!!!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Come on back, mags. People are missing Waylon, Robbie, etc!

Here's your fave words a guy could say to you

We watched the season pull up its own stage
And catch the last weekend of the last week
Before the gold and the glimmer have been replaced
Another sun soaked season fades away
You have stolen my heart
You have stolen my heart
Invitation only grant farewells
Crash the best one of the best ones
Clear liquor and cloudy eyed
Too early to say goodnight
You have stolen my heart
You have stolen my heart
And from the ballroom floor we are in celebration
One good stretch before our hibernation
Our dreams assured and we all
We'll sleep well
Sleep well
Sleep well
Sleep well
Sleep well
You have stolen (my)
You have stolen (my)
You have stolen my heart
I watch you spin around in your highest heels
You are the best one of the best ones
We all look like we feel

You have stolen my
You have stolen my
You have stolen my heart
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Christopher Andrew Carrabba
Stolen lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group

Slow Version

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do you have a pic of your papa?
Mia6 Mia6 yes I have many many photos of my Father, oil paintings of my Father, but I have no way to post them (yet). Everybody always say to me your Father, he looks like a movie star. Even at age 98 years young he looked like a movie star. So slim, muscular, silver hair (all the ladies at church wanted to cut my Father's hair for him) too beautiful for words really. Eventually he did let lady cut his hair but she cut too short, I think she wanted some of His hair for herself. I have a lock of my daddy's silver hair. I miss him so ooo much. Thank you for your kind interest Mia6 Mia6 . :redheartpump: :silver: 🌷

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm falling behind on my listening, and posting, so I better at least post something! And when in doubt, well, some Bon Jovi is always appropriate. :evilgrin:

And speaking of "not love stories", Bon Jov's Always though considered a love song, is about a guy obsessed/stalking a girl. :disappointed:

Always - Bon Jovi

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm falling behind on my listening, and posting, so I better at least post something! And when in doubt, well, some Bon Jovi is always appropriate. :evilgrin:

And speaking of "not love stories", Bon Jov's Always though considered a love song, is about a guy obsessed/stalking a girl. :disappointed:

Always - Bon Jovi
rubysmama rubysmama I really really like this song. Thank goodness his anger issues did not include hitting her. He also has problem with two-timing; but at that young age I really believe he loves her. Ah, the foolishness & recklessness of youth. 🌷 :silver: 🎶🥁💘🎤

Status
Not open for further replies.