Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I dunno, Watered Down is a great song/video - his voice is amazing.
Ok, wow, I really liked "Watered Down". 😲 Maybe there's hope for me as a country fan yet. :lol:

He was shot by his second wife :fear::thud:
:eek3::eek3: Googled again, and found "Adkins was forced to give up college football after a severe knee injury at Louisiana Tech. He has also experienced a number of serious injuries as an adult, including being shot by his second ex-wife Julie Curtis in 1994. The bullet went through his heart and both lungs. He survived and chose not to press charges." :eek3::eek3:

So a friend of mine used to LOVE Alan Jackson. Any of you country fans know his music?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, wow, I really liked "Watered Down". 😲 Maybe there's hope for me as a country fan yet. :lol:
Yay!!!! :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader: Just let it into your heart and feel it. Country music is story songs about life, heartbreak, and surviving. :hugs:

Yes, I love Alan Jackson:

1579995654228.png

And life was changed, disassembled, rearranged
We came together, fell apart
And broke each other's hearts
Remember when

Remember When by Alan Jackson

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yay!!!! :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader: Just let it into your heart and feel it. Country music is story songs about life, heartbreak, and surviving. :hugs:
I like some songs better than others. I don't like the twangy sound, or ones that scream COUNTRY !!!

Remember When by Alan Jackson
That's beautiful. And doesn't really sound "country".

Here's my "country" band. :lol:

1579997265319.png
1579997402628.png
1579997409848.png

We Got It Going On - Bon Jovi - Featuring Big and Rich

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well this 80's hair band/rocker girl avoided it until now. :lol: And since you didn't post the "memorable" video, I suspect I'll quickly forget the name Trace Adkins
LOL, I'm an aging hippie, and he would never have hit my radar had I not lived with a rabid fan for just over a year. I couldn't have avoided him by hiding in the attic!

S sweet jane flash , I'll see your Tango, and raise you an Argentine Tango! You can skip the first 52 seconds, it's some guy nattering away in Russian, but the dancers are great! Those men really trust their partners, with those stilleto heels flicking around their (the men's) nether regions! My three favorite ballroom dances are the Tango, the Artentine Tango, and the Paso Doble.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LOL, I'm an aging hippie, and he would never have hit my radar had I not lived with a rabid fan for just over a year. I couldn't have avoided him by hiding in the attic!

S sweet jane flash , I'll see your Tango, and raise you an Argentine Tango! You can skip the first 52 seconds, it's some guy nattering away in Russian, but the dancers are great! Those men really trust their partners, with those stilleto heels flicking around their (the men's) nether regions! My three favorite ballroom dances are the Tango, the Artentine Tango, and the Paso Doble.

Mamanyt1953 absolutely beautiful; makes me feel like heading right to Buenos Aires again for a month or two. It's just about the only dance that one can do in public so passionately (without getting a room).

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
1580068536372.png

rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama --Is this your favorite Bon Jovi song of all time, or is it another one? I like this part of the lyrics:
Definitely one of my favourites. Probably my favourite of the inspirational ones.

I also like the lyrics you quoted. As well as the chorus:
"It's my life
And it's now or never
'Cause I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive"

I'll always have a fondness for "You Give Love a Bad Name", simply because it's the song that made me a fan.

And then there's my favourite love songs:

I'll Be There For You :itslove:

Born To Be My Baby :itslove:

Bed of Roses :itslove:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Might not be everyone's cup of tea in terms of music genre but the lyrics are beautiful to me~

Held up to the light
I got cracks, they're gonna catch your eye
She said she don't mind

I'm held up with the light
I'm a loser, black and blue inside
She said she don't mind

She said you don't need excuses
I take what you give, even when you're useless

Hell, I don't know why
But this jackal doesn't need to hide
She treats him so kind

Smile that smile and call me foolish