Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia and Bono=TRUE :LOVE FOREVER
We definitely need a Bono icon for you then, it's only fair. :lol:

This isn't from the '60s, but close, and I'm reading Elton John's autobiography "Me" so thought I'd post his first hit song.
Here's my favorite Elton John song:

1579182627665.png

I can't love, shot full of holes 💔
Don't feel nothing, I just feel cold
Don't feel nothing, just old scars
Toughening up around my heart

I Want Love by Elton John

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fire on the Mountain - Rob Thomas
Dang, that was quite fiery indeed! I think I need a moment to cool off. :eek2:🔥💥⚡
Is there a studio version of that? Is it one of his songs? I never heard it before.

1579190885909.png

Playing with the queen of hearts
Knowing it ain't really smart
The joker ain't the only fool
Who'll do anything for you

Queen of Hearts by Juice Newton

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
~ 😏🍸 I wonder how that happened .. ❓
It was the 60s...I can think of any NUMBER of ways those words could have been slurred!

My mum is younger than this song!
You may stop with this at any given moment, WHERE'S MY WALKER??? :flail::crackup::flail:

This isn't from the '60s, but close, and I'm reading Elton John's autobiography "Me" so thought I'd post his first hit song.
Well, actually, it fits just fine. What we think of as the typical 60's, the Brit Invasion and the Psychedelic era, actually spanned from the mid-60s into the first 3-4 years of the 70s. And yes, Albus&minnie Albus&minnie , I was there. Headband, bellbottoms, nehru jacket (look it up) and all!

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was the 60s...I can think of any NUMBER of ways those words could have been slurred!

You may stop with this at any given moment, WHERE'S MY WALKER??? :flail::crackup::flail:

Well, actually, it fits just fine. What we think of as the typical 60's, the Brit Invasion and the Psychedelic era, actually spanned from the mid-60s into the first 3-4 years of the 70s. And yes, Albus&minnie Albus&minnie , I was there. Headband, bellbottoms, nehru jacket (look it up) and all!
I'm so confued...

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
I was born smack dab in the middle of the actual 1960s and didn't even realize that I was doomed to a life of wannabee-ness, tag-along baby sisterhood, and not getting to go to Woodstock because it was past my bedtime, lol.

The upside is that I still get to enjoy the music but I'm young enough to be physically strong enough to help my fellow boomers who weren't late to the party. I never get tired of hearing about what I missed, though.

Mom and Dad were big old meanies. I bet they wish they'd let me sell the family silver to buy land to grow marry wanny on in 1980, lol. I also could have dropped out of school to follow the Dead before Jerry died but I didn't.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was born smack dab in the middle of the actual 1960s and didn't even realize that I was doomed to a life of wannabee-ness, tag-along baby sisterhood, and not getting to go to Woodstock because it was past my bedtime, lol.

[/URL]

The upside is that I still get to enjoy the music but I'm young enough to be physically strong enough to help my fellow boomers who weren't late to the party. I never get tired of hearing about what I missed, though.

Mom and Dad were big old meanies. I bet they wish they'd let me sell the family silver to buy land to grow marry wanny on in 1980, lol. I also could have dropped out of school to follow the Dead before Jerry died but I didn't.
I think they would have called you a "flower child" at that time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I want to do a quartet like mama africa mama africa mama africa mama africa ! I think none of these have been posted yet.
Lari Lari : so glad you pointed that out. I listened to all FOUR of those songs mama africa mama africa posted, but didn't make the connection that there was one from each category. :doh:

Now I want to do a quartet too. And, surprise, I want to make it Bon Jovi themed. :biggrin:

1579259140852.png

1579268637777.png

WATER 🚰

That's What The Water Made Me - Bon Jovi

FIRE 🔥

Fields of Fire - Bon Jovi

AIR 🌪

Breathe - Bon Jovi (you need air to breathe)

EARTH 🌎

Love Song to the Earth - Compilation (including Jon Bon Jovi)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.