Thread Devoted To Sharing Your Favorite Albums And Songs - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I don’t know the background but I get it. Please keep posting music. It’s good for us all. A few times a year I have feelings I expect are similar. In October you’ll see me post a very special song.:redheartpump:

Wow! A lot of good music! I grew up with my brother blasting Steppenwolf when I was visiting.:)

Melanie is someone I enjoyed! This one may bring a silly vibe but ....remember a time when roller skates required a key?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to post a second song for all the Banjo friends. I don’t mean the musical instrument. Banjo is a cat. To those who do not know, my Banjo is in love with a frog! You kind of have to know the full story to appreciate this but still, it’s an old song and was also done by Burl Ives. I chose this version though. Canadian film version and I liked the visuals. I promised this one, so here it is. Lol

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I don’t know the background but I get it. Please keep posting music. It’s good for us all. A few times a year I have feelings I expect are similar. In October you’ll see me post a very special song.:redheartpump:

Wow! A lot of good music! I grew up with my brother blasting Steppenwolf when I was visiting.:)

Melanie is someone I enjoyed! This one may bring a silly vibe but ....remember a time when roller skates required a key?
Funny little bit of trivia, in the 80's Steppenwolf's drummer Jerry Edmonton and his brother Dennis who changed his name to Mars Bonfire (who wrote "Born to be wild") formed a group and did a cover of Melanie's song which was starting to get some play in local clubs but the record company went out of business so it died! I never heard it but wish I could!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So the calendar says it's September 1st, and since I'm a summer person, that makes me feel a bit down. :( So let's try to make September special by posting "September Songs". :musicnote: :musicnote: :musicnote:

I'll start with one I know we've posted before, but it's the first one that comes to mind. Instead of posting the long video version, though, I'll post the shorter lyrics one.

upload_2019-9-1_9-3-20.png

Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day (2004)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My birthday is September 8th! :thumbsup:

Karen Carpenter, I wish they could have saved you too. :(
I'll live & try to make you proud.

Funny, but it seems I always wind up here with you
Nice to know somebody loves me.
Funny, but it seems that it's the only thing to do
Run and find the one who loves me.

Rainy Days & Mondays by Carpenters

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Birthdays can be a time of renewal. May this one be that for you.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

WELCOME BACK!!!! YOU'VE BEEN MISSED!!!!
:hugs::rbheart:
xxxx

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The key was to a pair of roller skates? No wonder I never understood that song! :rolleyes2:

I am going to post a second song for all the Banjo friends. I don’t mean the musical instrument. Banjo is a cat. To those who do not know, my Banjo is in love with a frog! You kind of have to know the full story to appreciate this but still, it’s an old song and was also done by Burl Ives. I chose this version though. Canadian film version and I liked the visuals.
Ok, that song should have come with a spoiler alert !!! a) there's a spider! :eek: and b)
everyone dies at the end. :eek2:
Other than that, it was cute. ;)

Here's another September song:

Try To Remember - andy williams

And since M maggiedemi has some catching up to do, here's the themes we've done this year, including the most recent ones. Although I think my Jon Bon Jovi song was the only "August" one, I've included the icon, cuz it's cute. :catman:

Status
Not open for further replies.