Thread Devoted To Sharing Your Favorite Albums And Songs - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw recently that he is supposed to have written that for/about/to his cat.
How are you getting along today?
Never heard that before. I'm taking it an hour at a time. Difficult to sleep and eat. I've probably dropped about 10 pounds in a week but I'm trying. Thank you.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been a BIG Steppenwolf fan for many years, have seen them many times and even met John Kay a few times. My favorite time was about 5 years ago when I took my mother to see them and we got to meet him before the show at a Wolfpack fanclub meet & greet. We walked in the backstage area and there he and the band were, talking to fans, and she like a little kid said "there he is, that's HIM!!!" And I laughed and said "that's him" and he was so gracious to her and right away said "thank you for your many years of loyal support", and while others were asking him about goofy things the band did back in 1969 etc. she talked to him about his work with his wife Jutta in the Maue/Kay foundation which helps save elephants and other animals and also helps underpriveledged kids and people and he really liked that she was interested in that, and we talked a bit and then he had to go, but that was a memory that she and I will never forget....

And they have MANY more great songs other than "Born to be wild" and "Magic carpet ride", check them out and see for yourself if you like that hard rock but Kay has put out several outstanding solo albums over the years that are not quite as hard rocking and are also excellent but not many other than Wolf fans know about them!

And he actually had the song "Drift away" recorded and ready to go before they released Dobie Gray's version, it's true! ABC Dunhill was working on a live Three Dog Night album so it sat for awhile and finally the producer said "we can't wait any longer" and released Gray's version of it. Had John's version been released first who knows, he might've had a big solo hit!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Moses - Singin' In the Rain

I miss tap dancing. It looks like my class isn't being offered this session. I hope it starts again soon or I'll have to find a new studio (I'm not near as good as Gene Kelly or Donald O'Connor though. By a longshot!)

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been a BIG Steppenwolf fan for many years, have seen them many times and even met John Kay a few times.
~ Wow ... Nice story.
I think many may not know the reason for John Kay's "Ray Charles" dark glasses. Unlike Roy Orbison who wore them just for looks - John Kay has such poor vision he is legally blind. I always thought he looked cool with them ...

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My favorite time was about 5 years ago when I took my mother to see them and we got to meet him before the show at a Wolfpack fanclub meet & greet.
That's so cool. Glad he was so kind to your mom.

I've always wanted to meet Jon Bon Jovi, but it has't happened yet. :(

And they have MANY more great songs other than "Born to be wild" and "Magic carpet ride",
Of course I've heard of "Born To Be Wild", and Steppenwolf, but didn't know they sang it. I just Googled "Magic Carpet Ride", and I know it too, but had no idea of the title or who sang it. :paperbag:

Here's those 2 songs, since we're talking 'bout them. :musicnote:

Magic Carpet Ride - Steffenwolf (1968)

Born To Be Wild - Steffenwolf (1969)

check them out and see for yourself if you like that hard rock but Kay has put out several outstanding solo albums over the years that are not quite as hard rocking and are also excellent but not many other than Wolf fans know about them!
Feel free to post some of your favourites, les26 les26 . :)

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Wow ... Nice story.
I think many may not know the reason for John Kay's "Ray Charles" dark glasses. Unlike Roy Orbison who wore them just for looks - John Kay has such poor vision he is legally blind. I always thought he looked cool with them ...
It actually was/is because he was very light sensitive and the stage lights and daylight would bother him. He also is color blind. But over the last 25 some years I noticed that his sunglasses were getting lighter in color and for the last 15 or so years he didn't wear them anymore, and when we met him as stated above I asked him about it, I said "I notice you don't wear your sunglasses anymore, did you have some work done?" and he pointed at his eyes and said "you mean on these?" and I said "yes", and he said he didn't but after so many years they finally learned to have the stage lights coming from the BACK of him not blaring on him! I asked "wouldn't Lasik or anything help?" and he said no, but that's why he doesn't wear them much if they are indoors, outside he still does. But their tour manager told us that he can see better than all of them in the dark, "he's like a bat" he said!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm feeling my hippie days...

Lay down, lay down, let it all down