Thread Devoted To Sharing Your Favorite Albums And Songs - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This probably doesn't fit into any themes but it gave me chills and the imagery is beautiful...
Songs don't have to fit themes, but ... I do have "Movie Music" waiting in the wings to be an upcoming theme. :)

I'm really not a country music fan, at all, but this one's kinda catchy. :)

Be My Baby Tonight - John Micheal Montgomery (1994)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was front row at his concert. He is so sexy in person. :loveeyes:
Country music is life. We gotta make you a fan. :crossfingers:
I used to run around with some of my cousins and their friends and they were all into country music. That got me curious, and I have a lot of favorites in the genre. THEY got into it because one of them was a fan. That's how it goes. Yeah, you go, girl!:yess:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was front row at his concert. He is so sexy in person. :loveeyes:
Country music is life. We gotta make you a fan. :crossfingers:
Front row! Cool. :thumbsup:

Hmmm... well Jon Bon Jovi did record an album in Nashville, so I kinda liked some country music. :D Here's one from the album I don't think's been posted yet.

Lost Highway - Bon Jovi (2007)

Also, this one...

Whole Lotta Leaving - Bon Jovi (2007)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being on the Mother's Day songs reminds me that I don't think I posted this piece of awesomeness. (And if I did and haven't gotten to it yet in my going through, it needs to be seen again. Always. Because it's amazing)

Treat Your Mother Right - Mr T

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Being on the Mother's Day songs reminds me that I don't think I posted this piece of awesomeness. (And if I did and haven't gotten to it yet in my going through, it needs to be seen again. Always. Because it's amazing)
I'm not sure if I know it or not, so looking forward to listening to it in a few weeks or so. :biggrin:

I'm on page 27, and going rather slowly, but for a good reason - there's a lot of great songs posted, and I'm listening to almost all of each one. :musicnote:

Since I Lost My Baby - The Temptations (1965)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why not start on today, then go backwards? I don't post much anymore, because you guys won't even see if for months. :D
Aww! I didn't mean to ruin any fun. I was feeling guilty because I was posting songs that I like a lot and was hoping people were listening to, but wasn't listening to what everyone else was posting. Hence my project. I'm hoping it won't take a few months, though! I'm trying to speed myself up and listen more.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Why not start on today, then go backwards? I don't post much anymore, because you guys won't even see if for months. :D
That makes sense, actually. Starting on page 75, and will listen to all the new ones. But I'm also going to keep going from where I left off. So I'm probably going to need a spreadsheet to keep track! :lol:

Beach Baby - First Class
Hey! I knew that song!

Hmmm... gonna be honest, "awesomeness" isn't the word that comes to my mind after listening to it. :biggrin:

I listen to it backwards...I like happy endings...:flail:
:crackup: :flail: :lol:

That song will break your heart! So of course I love it.
It's even sadder when you know the "behind the music" details. Jon wrote it for Richie back after Richie and Heather Locklear got divorced, and Richie's Dad passed away. :(

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sacrilege! Mr T is perfection and likely a real live superhero. :wink:
LOL.

I don't think I can handle listening to old and new without getting confused. I'll just do my best to power through.
Actually, I don't think it will be that bad, as it automatically goes to my first unread message when I come to this thread. So I'll just read the messages, and listen to the songs. Then go back to wherever I was in the earlier part of the thread.

My biggest problem is remembering to listen to the songs while I surf the site, and others. Plus the fact that computer speakers are giving me grief. :(

Anyone else remember this one?

(You're) Having My Baby - Paul Anka and Odia Coates (1974)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, I don't think it will be that bad, as it automatically goes to my first unread message when I come to this thread. So I'll just read the messages, and listen to the songs. Then go back to wherever I was in the earlier part of the thread.

My biggest problem is remembering to listen to the songs while I surf the site, and others. Plus the fact that computer speakers are giving me grief. :(
I actually have a separate tab on my computer for my game of catch up, so physically it wouldn't be confusing, it would just mentally mess with my need to do it in order.

I use headphones. Especially with our ACs on full blast in this weather, I'd never hear properly with the speakers.

Up to pg 44, btw, and I need to think of some songs with 'baby' in the title. I know I know them, but my mind is refusing to cooperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.