Thread Devoted To Sharing Your Favorite Albums And Songs - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
If I'm not mistaken, he was sued for ripping off the Queen/Bowie song under pressure.
I wish I had been there to see those two greats perform together.

Kind of like Milli Vanilli didn't they get in trouble for something similiar?

I think I still have their CD in the office in my collection...In the late 1980s riding my bike around the huge lake where I used to live-this was one of the CDs playing in my walkman...memories!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are two I liked from an 80's band I don't think anyone has posted about yet:

I played both songs and I have no recollection of these songs.. back then they used to play the same 10 songs over and over on the radio..I like these songs-nice melody!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With Mrs. Paul Simon, I guess we can go back to Sinead O'Connor
I forgot she was married to Paul Simon, cool fact. Why did you cross out Sinead? I love this song:

Nothing Compares 2U by Sinead O'Connor

Here's the only Indigo Girls song I know. I like the lyrics on the one you posted though.

Closer To Fine by Indigo Girls

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found the entire copy of the Nutcracker for those who like classical music. As a girl I used to listen to this all the time and of course dance around the living room pretending I was one of those ballerinas :lol:

If anyone gets the chance to see this play in person=do it! The orchestra and dancers just make it all fit together...my dad made us go to this every year starting at 4 years old..he wanted me to have a well rounded childhood with exposure to different types of music..probably to break me out of my MTV habit. :lol2:

Found the play

Highly recommend it considering the Christmas season is almost here!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mr. PushPurr and I listened to this in the car yesterday while out driving around looking at autumn leaves:

PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws - If you enjoy Camille Saint-Saëns Concerto, you certainly know Tchaikovsky Concerto as well. I've always enjoyed György Pauk's rendition (my Dad's favourite), and sent this to a Friend a few days ago, who likewise enjoyed it. It's more controlled that the version we all know - Isaac Stern's performance - and I think even more evocative. Recorded almost sixty years ago, it stands up to any performance recorded since that time, I believe.

M maggiedemi - listen to the first five minutes, and I'll bet that you can't turn it off after that; this is what the word, "haunting," is all about:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
listen to the first five minutes, and I'll bet that you can't turn it off
You know what I'm about to say...wait for it...there's no words...:)
It is pretty, but it would be better with words.

orange&white orange&white --Cool. Welcome to our thread finally!

foxxycat foxxycat --Here's that song I was telling you about on your Little Texas cd you bought:

What Might Have Been by Little Texas

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mr. PushPurr and I listened to this in the car yesterday while out driving around looking at autumn leaves:

very nice! I haven't listened to too much classical but bet this would sound lovely on the speakers..right now listening through headphones cause the TV is on the history channel.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine very nice piece you posted. IT is haunting! Love to see more examples of what you think is "haunting" since I am way out of my league here. My grandfather used to listen to Madame Butterfly and a few others I remembered as a kid when I used to look through his records and that was the only name I could remember...

Status
Not open for further replies.