Thoughts & recommendations on robo vacs

droidus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I found this deal: Wyze Robot Vacuum. It is on sale, and wondering if it is good for cleaning up after cats, in particular litter and cat hair? Does anyone else have a robo vaccum that they like, that they could recommend? Thoughts on this one?

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found this deal: Wyze Robot Vacuum. It is on sale, and wondering if it is good for cleaning up after cats, in particular litter and cat hair? Does anyone else have a robo vaccum that they like, that they could recommend? Thoughts on this one?
I had roombas for years, they had issues getting stuck on things etc. they were ok. But had to get new batterie and parts , roomba replaced one. Not super great for cat hair, just ok. I bought a shark which empties itself into a bin which is better, but you still have to clean the bin out which is a pain, much better than emptying the roomba every time though. I would like to get the roomba that also empties itself but into a vacuum bag. It is much more expensive, hopefully eventually. The dust part would be better that way. All robo vacs do have to be monitored in some way. The shark is better for the cat hair but not like my mieles canisters. You can schedule the robots for when you are asleep or out. Make sure the roll part had no brush aspect to it if possible because human hairs get caught on it.

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think they would all do the job fine, sweeping and vacuuming the hair and litter. Other things are more important in the choice: budget, capacity, cleverness :)
I have had only one, a cheap knock off of something and I am just amazed at the amount of cat hair it collects.