Thoughts on this Ragdoll Breeder

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi sivyaleah sivyaleah oh I see. Have you heard of https://elegantragdollcattery.com/ in Texas? I looked it up and they are on TICA but you actually have to look in the directory because they are not on the main breeder listings. I looked up complaints and it came up with a cattery of the same name apparently. But when I checked with the breeder it’s a guy and not Jessica whom people complained about.
I am not familiar with Ragdoll breeders in general. I just happened to have an experience in the past where I was in touch with the one from NJ, and from that experience feel comfortable recommending them.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For example this kitten "Rudy" is listed on the "Elegant Ragdoll Cattery" web site as being 11 weeks old and available. The same image appears in Google image search in several other locations online, for example this Arabic language site from 7 months ago.

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 1.17.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 1.13.43 PM.png

Generally if there are lots of kittens listed as available and are all the same or similar age (these kittens are all listed as 11 weeks old), it's likely to be one of these scam sites. They are exploiting people who are anxious to get a kitten and might not take the time to really check out the breeder.

Sadly, there are a lot of scam sites out there and some of them are not quite as easy to spot as this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelnimya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Web sites that have a lot of kittens showing available are often scams (you send them money and there is no kitten). There are a lot of scam sites out there. They copy information and pictures from other sites. Sometimes scam sites also copy someone's cattery name and pretend to be that cattery.

With this web site, I would guess that it is likely to be a scam, because there are a lot of kittens shown as available, and when I use Google image search for the kitten images, I see the same images popping up in other places online.
Oh okay I see, I am just looking around at different places.
Thanks for the advice

Meow738

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
I posted on here a few weeks ago about another breeder and I’m not sure if I was supposed to ask it in that thread since this is a similar question. Anyways,
I have been researching more Ragdoll Breeders and Canada and wanted to know what you all think of this site/cattery: ADEN RAGDOLLS - Ragdoll Cats Breeder in Ontario Canada
Their name is Aden Ragdolls and I saw they were on the TICA website which is a good sign, but I just wanted second opinions.

Thanks again and Meowy Christmas everyone!
Hi Angelnimya, I was wondering, did you get a Ragdoll kitten from Aden Ragdolls in Ontario, Canada? If yes, how is it all working out for you? I'm asking, because I too, am thinking of getting a kitten from Aden Ragdolls, and would like to find out from another customer how their kitten is. Please let me know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelnimya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Angelnimya, I was wondering, did you get a Ragdoll kitten from Aden Ragdolls in Ontario, Canada? If yes, how is it all working out for you? I'm asking, because I too, am thinking of getting a kitten from Aden Ragdolls, and would like to find out from another customer how their kitten is. Please let me know.
Hi,

No I did not end up getting a kitten from Aden Ragdolls. I ended up going with Pleasantdoll Ragdolls in Saskatchewan since they are closer to me and I have known the breeder for quite some time. I’m actually still waiting for kittens to be born 😊