Thoughts on Hills Science Diet dry cat food?

DB89014

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any opinions on Hills Science Diet perfect weight dry cat food? I know chicken is the first ingredient but it seems to have a lot of fillers after that. I was looking into the purina naturals dry food which seemed to have more natural ingredients listed first. Any thoughts are much appreciated

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi,
Does your cat like wet food at all, or are they a "dry food addict"? :hellocat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DB89014

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They eat primarily wet but I give them dry at night they seem to like the variety

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have never fed Hills, but I've fed Purina and everyone liked it. The cats I have at work have dry food in the morning, and they like it when I rotate brands and flavors (they aren't picky.) It's great they eat a lot of wet food, that's very good for them!

DB89014

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you I think I equated the price of hills as being a better food but I was leaning towards the purina

chelsmarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I personally would stay away from Hills. I fed my cat that specific recipe and she actually gained weight. I think it actually contributed to her passing. I’ve since read up more on ingredients and see what a crap product it is. I now feed my new cat mostly wet but some dry (she likes Tiki Cat, which is fairly low carb).

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I personally would stay away from Hills. I fed my cat that specific recipe and she actually gained weight. I think it actually contributed to her passing. I’ve since read up more on ingredients and see what a crap product it is. I now feed my new cat mostly wet but some dry (she likes Tiki Cat, which is fairly low carb).
Daisy has the same problem! She went on gaining weight on the Perfect Weight and the Macrobiotic. Now I’m trying to transition her to wet food.

DB89014

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thats crazy I guess you always have to do your research thank you for your feedback!